Are Yeti and Strig just dead champs not to use?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Can anyone think of anything clever for these guys?

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

deploy them at your shrine. move them to the closest font use them to attack enemies move them to enemy fonts attack shrine seems like a fairly clever thing to do with em

3. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

Incase it wasn't clear it's the fact strig and yetis have nothing truly going for them. Strigs might just be short champions and just need some more releases like what happened to ferren( oh and a rework on that awful legendary). Yetis are split even between the same runes on whether they want us to make them fear oriented or ice/frost amp.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I believe terrain is in development, in conjunction with Ferren, and Yetis and Strig are next :)

We will see!

5. themacca

it was clear. i was just making a joke

6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

You mean that legendary that has been in every meta ST deck for the past 6 months? Yeah, what a terrible champ.

7. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

Don't come to me with that crap, you want to tell me Shattered Peaks has good heros too since they usually play all three in meta?
    I find heroes like Maxxarek Gekaal a lot better. I've never once managed to fit Strig Warlock into a battle-group, nobody goes
    "Hey you know what would round off this battle group nicely? Strig Warlock"(other than maybe the time it had blood for nora or something of the sort)

8. themacca

wait are you suggesting klub sciean and dirge aren't good

9. potatonuts

Come to you? I didn't even realise you existed until now.

Well i'm sorry for you, but the players in legendary and higher who regularly run Strig Warlock don't seem to have that problem and i don't see what any of this has to do with SP heroes.

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

He's trying to say "Don't come up with single facts to counter a general argument".

Strig and Yeti are needing a serious look at, regandless of Strig Warlock powerlevel.

11. potatonuts

I don't disagree with that, as themes they are each practically non existent. Though making out that strong champs are 'awful' is just a waste of time.

I think these themes that are so limited in champion choices could be helped by merging them with other themes. Elementals are equally lacking in choice though they work due to their synergy with Jakei. Djinn are another example, they have only 4 champs but are seeing use because of their synergy with Hyaenids.

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Yetis have a lot of champions, but an overpriced boring underwelming racial. Strig in the other hand are few like Ferren, but they could be developed into a Flying theme and other owl raider jakies can get some synergy, along with Frostwins (4 dudes).

13. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Strigs needs LOTS OF LOVE to be runnable as a theme itself. We need more champions, an reason to run them as a theme (racial or at least Surge) and buff for the champ of the race.
    Yetis are a theme, a Awful one, but still a theme. They need to remake their racial and review the cost of most units, almost all are overcosted.

14. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't like strig from a style angle, I prefer owl riders and winged jakei. But with the reduction in cost for boon ( which is more or less their racial currently )they are in a better place. They have The battleward who is a solid tank, leg whip is suprisingly good, the warlock brings dark favor and swarm, the galerider has tailwind and the magebane needs a lot of help or to be forgotten. There are two bravery units ( i generally dont take it on galerider though ) for a bit more racial synergy if your really want to push for a strig only bg.

I don't think surge would be a good idea, they are a fairly expensive set of champs so it would have limited value. a nice cheap support unit and a quality ranged unit would go a long way toward making them more of a complete racial theme but I honestly always saw them as a core to build flight bgs around, which oddly makes me want them to have less racial synergy, for example battleward isn't very good unless you can proc bravery which isn't always possible unless your running a very large number of Strig.

Lastly because they all have flight the theme is expensive, it might be better to compare them with wings ( which can dip into dwarf and beast synergies ) and voils instead of the current top teir, and I think they stack up better with that comparison. The only flying theme that is doing well is faries which got a discounted flight with a draw back to keep costs down and a powerful equip in the lexicon.