Disease BG

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by fattyy2k, Aug 24, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

ok so I know disease is a weak damage type and I know most of FW is immune there for ultra countered. But disease is what got me to start playing this game nearly ten years ago and I wanna make a BG for fun but still try to make it as good as possible. Here's my idea: https://poxbase.com/deck/C4Tcg_c6qCpQC42cwiCuJchXChVCwus6Zs3ds3gShsTs4fs2Wr2XrTr2PrZr8e35
    I focusses on a lot of attrition by using disease auras and Black Death/forsaken exploit to get extra damage. Please comment and suggest improvement!

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Corpse golem has black death.
    Crawling corpse has disease breath.
    Just some suggestions.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Necrotaur isn't bad for his cost, i would get rid of mairdreth as she is garbage.

4. fattyy2k

So I got rid of skull and decay as I found a lot of the disease was already stopping healing and it wasn't necessary. Replaced with elsarin night for ranged protection and I have a lot of zombies and soul reaver for cleanse/defile. Removed one one flesh bight for corpse golem

5. fattyy2k

I have thought about necrotaur. I kinda wanna keep mairdreth in due to her being THE disease champ. Why is she bad (other than high cost)

6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

She is just a massive flying target that screams 'One round me effortlessly' to your opponents.

Necrotaur is far worse though, its a few nora cheaper and is worse in every way.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

For about 10 nora cheaper he is actually a pretty cool rune in a disease bg, his nova also helps him survive a little longer.

If you run her with scorn she isn't horrendous, for the most part i don't typically like 2x2 units at all. On most maps 2x2 units run into a lot of moving problems and are easier to hit with just about everything. Frightening nova just gives necrotaur a bit more survivability if you ask me, personally i think they both die a bit too easily.

8. fattyy2k

I guess I just like her as a "win more rune". She looks cool, is a scary idea, but I know she isn't the best. The witches are rune to combo with her

Ifem21 likes this.
  9. potatonuts

I can't remember if they changed it or not but it used to be that running the witches with Revere didn't actually make anything cheaper due to the cost of Revere.

I really like Mairdreth, aside from the mess she is in currently it's my favorite champion. If i were absolutely determined to run her it'd be with a combo of champs like Dead Fairy to apply disease and Elsarin Night to keep her alive and get her to the fight. She is potentially devastating, dropping 20+ dmg on disease targets isn't anything to scoff at, it's just getting her to the fight.

10. fattyy2k

Actually you drop nearly 10 off of her each revere due to her high cost. So you net 4-5 each revere, but then it turns the witches into disease aoes

11. potatonuts

Yeah and that's kind of the problem. You are deploying a 70-80 nora champ in order to save 5 nora. Play a Risen Moga instead and you'll save 20-30 nora.

12. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Skeletal Rifleman don't have black death anymore either. They havc forsaken exploit. Forsaken Doombringer does tho.

13. fattyy2k

Rifleman have the range I need though. And exploit is still good

14. fattyy2k

image.jpg
    This is my current BG. It kinda became a zombie module disease BG :p I really like the tombs and they have the breath and anti range, riflemen are the best ranged I have atm due to fairies being so expensive. But yeah, here it is! It's a lot of fun but becomes more zombie focussed against FW. Any suggestions?

15. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Rip witch have better range, apply rabid, and have deep wounds.
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CtWC9fCjAC2PCkyCaVCuJciLcwYcuMs3gshs6_s7ys59r2Yr1Dr2Zr1r8e1Ke1fe1j
    Problems I got:
    FW
    Sometimes huge melee rushers (Guessing Collection of Souls to counter this)
    Thinking about adding another Vicious Harpoon. Having 1 doesn't help when you need it.
    Still debating on whether +2 def or Absorb is better on Corpse Golem.

Big question is, How do you get around Immunity Disease in a disease bg? Soul Reave?

16. potatonuts

FQ

17. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Whats FQ???

18. armyguyclaude

armyguyclaude Member

Oh friendly quit :p

19. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

As a fw player,i will always accept or offer a fq in a mirror match with ff fw.Seems to be common etiquette among fw players.

Ifem21 and fattyy2k like this.