Banned Runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iPox, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He broke Diablo 3 a while back.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

To be fair, Diablo 3 has had a comparable amount of broken stuff, it was just much harder to get because it often required high-end gear.

3. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

In my defense: There is a difference between the Battlegroups I play as a player and changes I suggest for the game as a member of the community.
    The only Rune I was ever asked to remake was Exile, and the effects are solely based on its flavour text. I never intended nor attempted to exploit any change I have suggested.

Ifem21 likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, my statement was more meaning to state that your coolest stuff tends to hinge on a very specific interactions that's in many cases something we want to fix because it allows for really weird stuff.

iPox likes this.
  5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you guys are familiar with the expression 'tounge in cheek' yes?
    If not then I guess I should state that I really don't want to make IPox sad. That would be mean. Sigh.

Fentum, StupidJerk and iPox like this.
  6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

iPox is a genious. Really love to see his freaking bgs that breaks the game (never forgot the shiny battle with lots of visual effects, probally spells, and from nowhere, my Shrine exploded, an piece of art indeed). I'm your fan dude...

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note: I do like the ideas here.

Last Stand freaks me out in general, but that seems like it could work.

Temple is neat, also, tho I think @badgerale's idea of just reducing the % is probably easier and also works.

8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Last stand;
    Target champion is Dispelled and gains Warguard, Font ignorance, Pariah, and Solitary

9. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Norafreeze suggestion is a no-no, for the reason already stated - cast after a cheap champ and just waltz around... Unless a clause like no Nora have to be spent this turn before. For last stand, I think war guard would be nice.

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

why not have temple only amplify physical melee attacks or would that be too up?

11. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

It is the inverse logic. The more restrictive it is, the more valuable it is. If you go double phys melee only, you will build a BG around getting all benefits while negating the downsides (sp immune phys equip, phys resist), with some obvious room to counters as alt damage.

If it is to take it out of the box, double all the damage, melee or not. Even though that would be a ninja buff to warguard, for sure.

12. Ifem21

Just make ToB to amplify meele DMG by 10~20% or something like this. Will not be OP since both factions will have the benefit. Also, it fits well for the meele factions that UD is.

13. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I'm not adamant on any of the suggested changes, if you have better ideas or see problems with some suggestions, feel free to come up with something else. I just think that those Runes deserve some kind of remake. Some minor fix (that renders them almost useless) is better than having banned Runes in the game.

Nora Freeze could be something else entirely (but it should fit the freezing animation), or it might require to target an opposing Champion for balance (just like Nora Drain): Target opposing Champion becomes Frozen until the end of this turn. No Nora can be spent for three turns.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

What if Nora freeze was a counter to just rune based Nora gen while leaving shrine/font Nora gen untouched? Or maybe just shut off all font based Nora gen.

15. Ifem21

Maybe Nora Freeze stop all nora gen forms (aside from shrine and fonts) for 6 turns, or whatever?

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Most of these would be simple to rework.