New Gold Bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HalfGodBro, Apr 3, 2014.

1. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

Well so far, it is not really a good idea, people like ********* and *********, telling everyone to go away so they can queue and play together for the Gold Bonus, even asked a friend to queue in against me, he then surrender after both of them are able to queue together...this made a lot of people leave the training ground, and lasted several minutes of Matchmaking auto-surrender, and they are not the first to do that, i'd say, remove that reward, or make Custom Game with Public Deck also count for the reward, it was really irritating, so i just went and played another game, holding a grudge against the poor community. All that for some minor gold bonus..
    EDIT: Removed the name, wasnt necessary to my point of view

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. stfn

stfn Member

They are not scrubs. Don't call them scrubs.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

[Edited]

4. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Make it ranked with a separate ranking system. It would become an interesting measure of "pure playing skill". This could be going too far though and take attention away from actual ranked.

The obvious way to promote training grounds would of course be to get more new players (not a good idea right now).

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well, funny thing about that is.. We actually wanted to help each other out. We where not abusing it; we enjoy playing games with one another, being in the same guild and all. Thanks for making a thread about it tho. It's funny to say that we're abusing this, as if to say it's some huge reward that we are using to break the game, check yourself.
    It's a bonus that myself and rorschach like getting, together. If you have an issue with that, then I will laugh in your face, just as I did in game.
    /thread.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I fail to see how two friends trying to play each other is abusing.

Skullferno likes this.
  7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

btw, this is a lame ass attempt at blacklisting. too funny. XD

8. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

OMG people have friends. Nerf it now before it spreads!!

9. HalfGodBro

First, i dont see when i called them scrub, or when i said they were abusing (read carefully?)
    Yea right, 2 friends playing together, im fine with this, but by preventing others to enjoy the game, i don't think so
    Theres a place called battleground for that
    EDIT: They should add Custom Games in training ground that also count toward the gold bonus, so that people that want to play specifically for the gold bonus against a friend, don't have to waste other people time
    Also, this is not an attempt at blacklisting...what would i win by blacklisting you, really?
    And i don't think such a thing would offend the Devs to a point where they would blacklist you

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't understand the problem. They asked for an FQ, you either accept it or don't. It's your choice. So what's the issue if you're not complaining about abuse?

11. HalfGodBro

They didnt asked for a FQ, they just surrended like 6 times while i was trying to queue and being matched against 1 of them everytime

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

The reason we kept surrendering, is because for some reason you couldnt grasp the fact that we wanted to pair with eachother FOR THE DAILY BONUS, not to play a silly TG game.. All you had to was wait 10s for us to que together, and then ask someone else to play with you, but instead you insisted on making it difficult for us to play the game we wanted. Grow up please, this wasnt thread worthy scenario but, you took the childish route.

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You are screwing the whole idea of the daily bonus Karma, this isn't thread worthy at all but you got to understand you were doing things wrong.

If you match a friend, do as you want. If not, play as intended, don't Firk other's daily.

Vaayshan and HalfGodBro like this.
  14. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

TG matches have a global que for a reason.

15. HalfGodBro

i took the childish route? i wasnt alone with you 2 in the lobby, how long would i have waited? people kept on leaving and others coming back, if you wanted so badly, well you wait until everyone gets matched, and then you queue, why would I need to wait for 2 strangers to play ONLY for the gold bonus (you said it yourself)

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't know who anyone involved is, so they very well could have wanted to play each other. On the other side, they may have agreed to sit idle in a game for 20 minutes or so to try triggering whatever requirement there is for gold, both agreeing to lose to the other so they both get the bonus. We have no way to know unless someone observed their game.

17. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

But that's what the gold bonus is for... To get people in TG and maybe increase the chance that somebody will actually play with you there. What you guys did isn't just not contributing, it's actually harming it (even if just to a trivial extend for now). I don't think that's cool to be honest. I'm not saying this makes you a bad person, but I don't think this should be encouraged either.

Nemorga likes this.
  18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

In other games, early surrenders are penalized, because they make the ranked matches unbearable (I play scissors, so I'll surrender against stone and not lose ranking and I'll only play against paper).
    Maybe a simple surrender early and you cannot que for 5 minutes will fix the whole issue of selecting people in automated matchmaking systems.

Goyo and HalfGodBro like this.
  19. HalfGodBro

i once tho about a Gold Penalty, but this queue time penalty sounds more interesting
    EDIT:are you saying that early surrending doesnt affect rank?..that would explain some things..

20. stfn

stfn Member

Whoosh.

Karmavore likes this.