Garu Den Mother

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

And even if we were to examine base SPDs of units... KF doesn't really have it that bad, at least in the expansions I released. It's on the lower end, but aside from SL/UD who gets more 7s than anyone else (due largely to a heavier melee slant in those factions), the differences are pretty minor between the factions in terms of base SPDs:

Endless Wonder

FS - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    FW - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    IS - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    KF - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    ST - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    SP - 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7
    SL - 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7
    UD - 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7

Broken Shard

FS - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    FW - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    IS - 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7
    KF - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    ST - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    SP - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    SL - 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7
    UD - 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7

Plague

FS - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    FW - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    IS - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    KF - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7
    ST - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7
    SP - 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    SL - 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7
    UD - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7

Total 5 SPDs

FS - 3
    FW - 0
    IS - 3
    KF - 2
    ST - 1
    SP - 1
    SL - 0
    UD - 1

Total 7 SPDs

FS - 2
    FW - 2
    IS - 2
    KF - 2
    ST - 3
    SP - 3
    SL - 8
    UD - 8

(Forgive any miscounts, did this pretty quick. I did this once for xirone in the old KF forums, similar conclusion then.)

2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Juya has same damage output and cost as grimlic, but 20 more hp with boost.
    Ferren have as much base hp as vashal, arctic essentially gives them same speed as vashal, so they are getting 10 hp on zerg theme for free.

Your favoritism of ST was so big that it has consistently been #3 faction right after norabonus ones.

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Logan, you're pushing mmrv levels of insanity atm.

Greysands22 likes this.
  4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Explain me where am I wrong.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Just qft.

6. Sokolov

It was Corpse who buffed Juya to that level. It was Vashal who were considered OP, not Ferren. The former got nerfs, while the latter got buffs.

Let's not even get into the ridiculousness of the entire comparison as anyone who has played Pox Nora can see right through it.

Do continue.

~

But yea, generally speaking, if ST gets good stuff, FAVORITISM. If other factions gets good stuff... it's just normal.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  7. Sokolov

On topic.

Regarding pets/free meat, this was certainly one area I rarely saw any calculations/discussions on internally. Originally, pet abilities costed a lot, and I think the lack of adherence to the cost formulas for some time made pet runes an easy target for power creep. They are also a bit more tricky to cost, as you really have to consider how useful the spawns really are and its a finer line than it looks at first glance I think.

Gedden likes this.
  8. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Sokolov, you know we all <3 you, but ST really got overbuffed during your reign.

Some things that are just over-the-top:

1) Kas Guide is the only summoner to summon REAL champions every 3 rounds.
    2) Snow Blind has no timer, as opposed to other spells of a similar nature that do not target a specific champion, i.e. Backfire, Backfire Boon, and Ancient's Protection.
    3) Frostfall Icewisp is still ridiculous at 59 nora. To think that it was even stronger on initial release is mind-boggling.
    4) The fact that Arctic on almost all ST champs gives it a better bonus than the IS font bonus in that ST champs will not only get the 1 ap on the crucial first turn, but can keep getting it throughout the game when on ice, snow, etc.

9. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Speaking of Pets.

Recent match. First deploy Queen Anura.
    Second deploy Garu pet mother.

So fun

Greysands22 likes this.
  10. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

I haven't noticed any particular bias from Sokolov towards ST, it's a stupid false rumor that comes from the fact that people always find other's stuff better than theirs.

Most of ST's strenght comes from elements that were there long before Sokolov's reign (like Artic and Snow Blind in your example).
    Concerning Icewisp, every other faction also got their share of overefficient passive champions in the past (see Mika, Goblin Spellkaiser, Voil Jester, etc.).
    It mostly comes from the fact that it's very hard to evaluate how important the impact of a champion that can't attack every turn will be.

11. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Pets should get something like - when champ with pet eg. Den Mother/huntmaster etc is destroyed pet is also destroyed

12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Pets, riders, and those type of abilities should definitely get a look.

I like the idea of double edged sword.

Another issue that pets bring up is that, while they may not be able to contest fonts directly, it's fairly easy for them to run up and plop a relic down to contest anyway.
    Having summons unable to drop relics or give spell presence would definitely help bring their power down.

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Sok, I missed your numbercrunching <3

14. Shuyash

Shuyash The King of Potatoes

I think a possible solution for pets might be something along the lines of giving the summoned champs a massive stat reduction (so they keep like 50% or 65% base stats) and to give the "pet master" unit something like boost: pet (could work for non summoned champs as well, all pets are shoeboxed on their own afaik, why not pull them out of there on the go), so if you use the pet to harass fonts or reinforce a second front they'll have stats similar to most summoned champs, but they'll still be above avarage summon (they are a one time summon after all) when fighting next to their master. That way killing the master will make the pet much weaker as well (assuming it's in boost range to begin with).

And as for ST font bonus being better than IS font bonus: no. +1 ap at the end of the turn is just not as good as +1 ap at the beginning of the turn for so many reasons: punish, drudgery, 7 speeders on SP map and generally not getting that 1 ap when you capture\recapture a font are a few. You might say that arctic is better than IS font bonus, and I'll agree, but that's another matter.

15. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I meant confirm it as in it is still there on Pygmy Hippo. I played vs his original version and then showed him that they missed hippo when removing bound abilities.

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes, Hippo still has it. However, the Huntmaster lost "lack of pygmy hippos"

17. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Ahh ok, i missed that they didnt remove it on the Hippo

18. TheNidhogg

There were a number of bad decisions relating to ST's balance, but I blame calisk more than Sok for that (though ultimately he does decide what to push live, regardless of player suggestions).

K'ento and Yetis stick out to me as particularly offensive when they were released (Crystal Yeti lol). I have also heard funny things about the initial draft of Grumble Rock..

But really I don't think it was a lot worse than mistakes made in other factions. I could not believe my eyes when Enforcer was released, it solved all my KF Wizards problems. 78 nora and some KF players were complaining.. but we are also talking about the expansion that released Hekatian Bloodguard and Mysian Lamia.

K'ento being obscene for so long is the biggest miss I can remember. It was really just soft spot for ST + no reasonable ST voice in the Corpse Pile + general issues with balancing runes rather than a systematic plot

19. TheNidhogg

Oh yeah, Hydra was a bad idea. Sorry.

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The HP on kas champions is beyond ridiculous, one would expect a champion with so many chances of going unharmed soloing one or two champions to be squishy once his protection is down, but kas adherent has 52 base hp for 75 nora and blessed, that alone makes him a fine tank without NKD.