Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Been playing a bit of hs since the exp. Arena only, but it's been fun. Beat Trump pretty badly last night w a shitty rogue draft vs his paladin. Fun times. No Legends from this exp really appeal to me much though.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Nice, always good to have old players checking the game out again. Arena is always a blast, once I hit Legend Im dropping ranked and playing arena exclusively again.
    Beating Trump was nice, kudos. I keep forgetting to check who Im playing against, the other day I beat the #18 player on legendary rank, and I dont really know who it was. /shrugs
    Yeah, none of these new legends are Dr. Boom level of power, but I did craft Justicar Trueheart, after all she brings a pretty unique effect to the table. Also, pretty good champ in Control Warrior.

3. Bellagion

Justicar is interesting. I'll probably craft her once I decide on a deck I really like.
    Nice thing about arena is you get dust pretty quickly.

Dr. Balanced still reigns supreme though :p

4. Bellagion

Blizz trolling rogue pretty hard w Anubarak though. Perfect grinder card given to one of the classes that can least use it. Also I wish they could have gotten a voice actor more akin to the one they used in Warcraft 3.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think they want them to be able to use it well though. There have been a number of Control-focused card... but ultimately they might need something more reliable than Betrayal and not-requiring Combo to be playable in the early-game.

6. Bellagion

Definitely. It's just that control rogue can't really happen until it gets some sort of damage mitigation tools, since the hero power is pretty antithetical to control.

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I do think some Neutral options already work fairly well, but class specific wouldn't hurt, that's for sure. Maybe get Recuperate, Evasion, Leeching Poison, that sort of thing in card form.

Something like:

Recuperate
    2 Mana: Restore 5 Health to your Hero. Combo: Restore 8 Health Instead.

Leeching Poison:
    1(?) Mana: Give your weapon: "Whenever this weapon deals damage, restore that much health to your Hero." (Note that this would not work well with Blade Flurry.)

Not really sure how Evasion or Combat Readiness could work though. At least not off the top of my head.

Ah well, it'll be several months before we get new stuff regardless.

8. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Speaking of rogue, isn't Burgle just a worse Thoughtsteal in every way?

Also, most legendaries in TgT seem rather average to me. I personally think that's just fine. We don't need another Dr.Boom.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Technically no. There are often powerful but Niche cards that people don't run in their deck, but can be very useful to have as an option. It also means you aren't necessarily stuck with low-value Face damage cards against aggro.

Say you're against Shockadin, some of them still run Consecrate, sure, but most will be relying entirely on flooding the board and going for a Divine Favor and general Pressure play. With Burglar you have a much better chance of getting something more useful as a Mid-Range or Control deck.

It also entirely avoids Neutral cards. While there are of course many good Neutral cards, they tend to have lower base Value than Class cards.

Note: I do think Burglar is generally worse than Thoughtsteal even considering all that, but it's not strictly worse in every way, and it's not necessarily a bad card in general regardless. The fact that they are for different classes already partially invalidates such comparisons anyway.

10. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Well, I didn't mean strictly worse, but worse most of the time. For example thoughtsteal will never get you an eye for an eye from paladin, because nobody plays it. And even though neutral cards are usually worse, most people only play the good ones. Like shredder or Ragnaros. But thoughsteal atm is largely unplayed anyway. What I wanted to say is burgle as a class rare from a new set is pretty underwhelming, especially when two common class cards from the base set (thoughtsteal and arcane intellect) are most likely better and more consistent. Most new rogue cards seem pretty underwhelming tbh.

11. Pedeguerra

True. If I was a rogue player I'd be pissed, although we have no idea what are the future plans for the class - we might be missing the bigger picture here.

12. Bellagion

I agree. Poisoned Blade may be literally the worst card in the game.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm pretty sure Stoneskin Gargoyle is worse. Probably some others as well, but I can't think of them because no one would ever use them.

14. ImDeath777

ImDeath777 New Member

ImDeath777 is the name, looking for friends to play this game

15. Pedeguerra

Added you to the OP. Welcome on board.
    On my road to legend grind: barely had time to play this weekend, still stuck at rank 5. Will do a push this week.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Maybe, BUT I DON'T CARE
    [​IMG]

This marks the 1st time I voluntarily put a gold card in my deck (yes, I did open 2 regular Sideshows). I will probably lose 19 out of every 20 games I play with this but when it works, it's gonna be beautiful.

17. Bellagion

What's wrong with gold cards? They are golden!

18. Pedeguerra

Legend grind sometimes just want to make you bash your computer on the wall.
    Did a small push monday from rank 5 through 4, thought to myself: "ok, things are going smoothly, this time I will make it for sure".
    Then I logged on yesterday, and went like 2-10 or something like that. Almost back to rank 6.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Its ok, though, Ive read somewhere that this happens way too often and I shouldnt feel bad about it. More grind later.

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Do you find time of day to make any difference?

20. Pedeguerra

I do, actually.
    I'm from Brasil and where I live it's 2 hours ahead of EST. With that said, what I've noticed is that after midnight here (so, 22:00 EST and on) the level of difficulty drops significantly. Which is a pain in the butt, because I work and I need to get my sleep, but the time that I win the most is this.
    Whenever I get a day off and play in the afternoon, for example, its a huge struggle. So yeah, from a personal perspective, playing at night is when I get better results.