Vampyres: where are we now?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Combust, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Combust

Combust Well-Known Member

What is your opinion on vampyres now? Where do they need buffs? Nerfs? Explain why.

2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Vampyre need -1 speed to be meta, they are all good atm

3. Combust

Hmm they dont have a lot of damage or defense and they rely so heavily on healing. Thematically they only have 3 mechanics: bleed (which admitidly the lesser in FF), greater vamp which is nerfed to only give 50%, and blood crest, which is one decent thing we have going for us. I just feel we dont have enough synergy or options available to synergize with.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I feel vampyres are actually pretty good at the moment. and the decision to make elsari tomb raider a vampyre after everyone *****ed about it helped a lot, allowing us to get refunds on our blood crests if they survive the turn of if it outlives its usefulness and u move on away from its current position is a pretty big upside vamps didnt have the last time they were runnable. aside from that there are quite a lot of blood magic units now which allows for crazy ass healing and damage that ignores defense. I think vampyres are definitely better in a UD/FW split because it increases the healing potential done through life siphon as well as allows for things like the griefbearers fountain to get used if you so wish. But i think they're definitely runnable right now and are in the most balanced position they've been since they were introduced as a theme. I can't really think of any vampyres now that are in need of a buff except for probably the blood banshee but that's cause her design is a bit silly.

Oh also archfiend is only 66 nora with frightful blows and blood magic enjoy exploiting that op sonofabish

5. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Stitched supressor is really effective as a support rune on Vamps

6. Combust

Maybe you are right about split being better. I just feel like bleed and vampiric healing need to be seperate themes. cause in order to proc healing from blood magic you need to apply bleed and to apply bleed you usually have to give up some life siphon or something else of greater value in your ugrade paths. Just feel like I get my wires crossed

7. themacca

The thing is you can use blood magic to apply the bloodied effect and then attack to heal up that 5hp loss and then u can nuke with your other blood magic champs.

8. Combust

Well that is true only if you didnt have to give up LS for BM.

9. themacca

o_O on what champion generally the life siphon path is lifedrinker life siphon and bleed.

10. Combust

I stand corrected you are right. With the new runes though why not just make a FF ud group, wouldnt that just be better?

11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I personally prefer the UD split for Rain of Blood. Blade of Snakes/Mandate can be crazy strong on champs like Demonvein too.

TheBulwark likes this.
  12. themacca

UD doesnt have enough vampyres to make a FF battlegroup. it would just be a regular bleed BG that way

13. Combust

Right it wouldnt be vamps at that point, no bloodbinder or blood crest. I may try to make a split vamp deck and compare that to my current ud bleed bg

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I run succubus because she awesome flying champ with aura

15. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd like to see two things change for Vamps/Bleed.

Blood Dispersal: Change heal to vampiric heal.
    Bleed: Cost adjustment. Seems silly it costs the same as Siphon yet is far worse. You get a blood ball worth 50% of the damage, can only have 1 spawn even if you double tap, and you have to pick it up. Siphon gets you the healing w/o having to pick anything up, and you can heal multiple times off the same enemy. The anti stealth portion of the ability is not worth the drawbacks to bleed. Previously is costed 2 nora less than Bleed, so there was a trade off to picking Siphon over Bleed.

16. themacca

blood balls stack in the same spot now they fixed that. (I've already tested for myself) the damage they heal is also boosted by vampiric healing, however bleed also allows for other abilities to play off it such as bloodseeker relocate bloodball and blood convergence as well as gaining map control from the damage they can deal and the blood balls aren't completely useless at full HP. bleed is totally appropriately costed

17. chickenpox2

can we change the way the blood balls position itself,it's really annoying especially on 2x2 champs the balls drops BEHIND THE CHAMPION and also when it on impassible land it makes it so hard to get those blood ball unless you have flying.

18. Nechro

Nechro Member

can someone post a picture of their bg, im thinking of making this bg and want to know where to start

19. chickenpox2

20. cstocks

cstocks The King of Potatoes

Is magus the main tank in most vamp builds? Or do most go outside of the bleed theme for one?