Post Boon Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apostate, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

With the recent removal of Boon of the Undead, a number of effects have become either useless or require alteration as a result. I would like to compile suggestions and ideas for the runes altered by such.

Reflesh: Area Effect 3 - All undead units within the affected spaces recover 10 HP. For the next 2 turns, those units lose Boon of the Undead.

If memory serves, this spell has never really seen any play and exists as one of the few (if only) spells that actually heal in FW. I'm not entirely sure what I would recommend for it honestly, perhaps an entire rework or a change to be more of a support spell. We could remove the boon clause and add Corpse Collections assimilation effect and rework corpse collection into something usable.

Fleshsewn Helm: This champion gains Boon of the Undead, two additional ranks of Disease Aura, and two additional ranks of Resistance: Physical.

I believe the intent of this rune was to provide a tanking alternative to Shield of Darkness. I would recommend adding 'Gains Immunity: Disease' to start and perhaps adding something to help mitigate or avoid damage, like Fear 2 or some such.

Plague: Target champion becomes Plagued, Diseased 5 and Infectious 5.

To start I would alter infectious to not affect friendly champions. In addition you could act a unique theme affect like 'This unit is also Zombie Plagued for 2-3 rounds', it could provide a refund for using zombies if people still find it too weak.

Lastly I wanted to suggest that Lichbone Staff add Attack: Electricity to help with the severe lack of alt damage, I'm not sure I see this rune too often in the ladder and this might help it see use.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Fleshsewn Helm still works as it did previously, giving the BotU iteration that was just removed from champs. I believe the ability was simply removed from FW champs but technically still exists in the game database.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Guys, I equipped serkan with his quip.
    Forgot changes... Only gained 2 ranks of soul sift xD

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Flesh sewn helm. Agree but keep it simple. Immunity disease or disease eater and up the ranks of the aura.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

As it currently is without a flying unit its impossible to not hit friendly units with desecration. Enemy only clause?

6. yobanchi

for infectious you'd actually would want it to only effect friendly champions since the enemy would be the one you apply the condition to.

7. Apostate

That is correct. However, the only champions with disease immune as it stands are some zombies. Essentially I would think that preventing your own unis from becoming diseased would be most desirable.

8. yobanchi

Infectious is a condition.
    If an enemy champion has it you would want it to effect their friendlies not your friendlies.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is correct.

None of these things are "technically" broken at this point, so I won't be making them a priority, but they are good things to note. Thanks.

10. Apostate

Actually, PoxBase defines infectious as follows:
    Infectious Condition

At the start of each turn, adjacent units become Diseased equal to this condition's duration.

This indicates that this particular condition does not discriminate between friend and foe. I was recommending here since Immunity: Disease has been removed from the majority of FW units, the condition should only spread disease to enemy units. Or, it could be made to disease enemies based on the duration of the infection on a friendly unit, but not apply diseased to friendly units themselves.

@Sokolov I appreciate the response, I'm merely trying to add some usability to these old runes. Now seems like a valid time more than ever since the removal of Boon.