Please increase bg size limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Sep 14, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm tired of half of my bg always having to be towards countering things, make b's 32 or 34 runes. I understand every bg is not ment to counter everything, however when playing a theme typically their are about 8 runes that are auto-includes most times more in order to be competitive. Why not allow for bigger bg's for increased bg diversity and too see different runes getting played.

Even if you don't increase it for all pvp maybe think about making an alternate pvp where this is possible or as an option when we que.

ProR2D2 and LoganMkv like this.
  2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is honestly the same argument for going from 20-30....is it time yet to do a set rotation system instead of just a open free for all format?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

They will just have 2 extra runes for you to counter. Same situation.5

WhatTheHex likes this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Your just gonna see more nonsense which will prompt the need for more counter runes if u increase the rune limit in a bg. 30 has always been enough. It is important to come to accept that no matter how many threads you create asking to nerf runes and extend rune bg limits you will never be able to counter every thing in pox. Some of the topics you post are important to discuss. Increasing rune limit in a bg is just a worthless reocurring idea that keeps popping up via players who have lost a game then come here to fix their problem with a magical proposal . Necessary runes consist of 1. melee, 2. range, 3. detection, 4. magic dmg. Healing, shatter, spells, alt dmg, and aoe champs are optional along with everything else u think is necessary in a bg.

Ifem21, Netherzen and Karmavore like this.
  5. super71

Shatter and alt damage are optional lol, do you even play this game ? A single equip in pox can change the game and not having alt damage can cripple you.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

no

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I think you guys are not understanding the main reasons. The point is not to change it, but to make it more dynamic. What I mean is a min of 30 and a max of 35-40, MTG style.
    Here are more reasons:

- More and more expansions demand more space
    With over 2000 different runes and already on the 26th expansion, very minimum space is available to fit our favorite runes if we want to try the new ones. It will be better not only for the game, but also business side because more space means more incentives for people to get the new packs.

- Longer experience with a bg
    Right now you can test a whole bg in a single game, since it is not rare for players to deploy most of the runes in a single match. This change would create more combinations of runes and more strategy.
    Ultimately, you'll be able to play more games with a single battlegroup before you get bored with it.

- It won't demand more from starters
    "Max" size of 40 means you could still play with 30-runes battlegroups and leaving the option to change their bg size from 30-40 as they wish.
    The only issue is that this would require a buff to FW Faction bonus tho :rolleyes:.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Alakhami and super71 like this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This would be a buff to the FW bonus. Cooldown-lock is already out of the cards at 30 -- 40 just opens up more versatility in FW lists, augmented by the bonus.

9. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Not to 40, 35.

Rune reveals to 3 per turn

Alakhami and super71 like this.
  10. ProR2D2

Its enough for some themes but not enough in others. With this in mind my idea is to change the "max" size ONLY, and leaving the min size at 30 runes (MTG style 40-200 cards), so the size of the battelgroup adapts according to the themes availability. Heck, even the drawing method of MTG would be better here as well. (Draw 7-9, 1 per turn +1 scry).

Also, Snaptooth, Myx, and Centaurs need a little more candidates to fill a 35+ battlegroup. pls :rolleyes: @Sokolov

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Merged due to similar topic.

12. ProR2D2

Thanks. Theres still another thread about the same tho (how to fix pox). lol

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's slightly broader in it's subject matter. If it devolves into a BG limit thread as well, then I'll merge it into this one too. Must admit though, I missed it. Nice catch.

14. super71

I'm glad you understood me about making more runes ran, and making old runes actually see play. You also understood what i ment by the option to either have 30 or more in your bg. I think 40 would be a bit much but i don't see why 35 isn't doable.

15. super71

I saw the other one but it got off-topic real quick with all the trolls.

16. super71

35 doesn't sound bad to me and 3 rune reveals seems appropriate.

17. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Any deck size increase would be best thing devs can do now (aside of changing business model of course).
    It should also go with massive 2xing restrictions — so that most runes have 1x limit by default, but certain theme-specific ones enable others to be 2xed.

Unfortunately meta/fotm players have always been most vocal on forums, and they are obviously against anything that makes harder to draw current crutch early.

18. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

More runes wont make games more dynamic...they will just enable more shenanigans.

Current autoincludes are not there because of lack of options..they are there because they -are- the best options. More spaces will only change this in the case of wonky combos and unintended interactions which should be discouraged anyways.

Also there is the problem of consistency.

19. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

This should definitely be adressed. The first increase in the BG size was due to the expansion of the game. How long has it been since then? 5-6 years? By now there's been tons of new different abillities, which require certain counter measures. Almost in all the bgs that I play I feel like there's a 2-5 rune deficit, that makes my bg feel "unfinished".

20. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Please let me add more moga to my bg and more slagsssssss.