Animated blade

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Sep 14, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

So essentially he is almost 70 nora for 0 def and 32 hp, can we get a rework here so he is runnable as a shatter option for skellys ? My thoughts were lose 1 speed and lose multi attack ranks for phase shift and hex.

New animated blade would be

0 damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    2 defense
    45 hp

Upgrade line 1:
    Phase shift
    Hex
    Relocate ally

Upgrade line 2
    Stat bonus health 3
    battle hymn
    battle drum

2. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

animated blade . . . 0 dmg - what a wierd blade :p

Djangoguy and potatonuts like this.
  3. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

You just putting "good" spells on it without even considering his sprite, art or lore.

I do preffer changing his U1 to something defensive, like ranks of Evasive, or Resistance: Physical. Rend is good, but I'd drop rank 3 for Cleave on U2.

Maybe raising his HP for like +12, +1 DEF, -1SPD and -2DMG could let it be good.

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I'm very big into FW, but why make him a 100% support? Dodge or evasive seem better options to give him more defence.

5. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

LMAo that would be like 60 nora and pretty much auto but it makes no thematic sense whatsoever

6. super71

I just would like to see a viable shatter option, idc what he looks like. I just mentioned things that skellys could use more of or didn't have at all.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Whirl of Blades seems like the way to go.

yobanchi likes this.
  8. super71

Whirl of blades is way to expensive an ability for a 32 hp 0 def champ.

Dodge or evasive would just be a waste the rune costs almost 70 nora and his stats are garbage.

Half the runes in pox don't make thematic sense... If you have an idea for the rune post it and do something useful.

9. super71

If were actually considering his art then hex and phase shift make total sense, this things obviously a skelly and spirit or just a spirit. Literally says something about his "spirit" in the flavor so i did consider both his art and flavor text in the new one on his first upgrade line, the second line wasn't really sure what to put so i threw in random stuff skellys don't have.

Your second idea seems more viable to me and might make him runnable i don't know what the cost would be though since pox base isn't updated.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You were asking for a revamp so I suggested a thematic direction to take for one. Not saying they should just throw it on the current rune.

super71 likes this.
  11. super71

What about

Animated blade

8 damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    2 defense
    42 hp

Upgrade line 1
    phase shift
    hex
    dodge 1
    dispelling blows

Upgrade line 2
    Rabid 2
    fear 2
    strike
    decapitating blow

12. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

this thing should drop a weapon relic on death :) rdy to be picked up

then you need to charge it up to animate it again?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  13. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Hex is cd 3. No. Just no.

Just give it better stats it shouldn't be that hard.

14. super71

Yeah better stats so he can cost like 80 nora, he literally will only be ran for shatter. The rest of what he does is easily filled in with other better and more efficient skellys. Hist first upgrade line is what is driving his cost up so much that's why it needs to go.

Animated blade

10 damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    2 defense
    40 hp

Upgrade line 1

Execute
    decapitating blow
    strike

Upgrade line 2
    Rend 1
    rend 2
    rend 3

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Drop its speed down to 6 will reduce uts cost by 8 nora, remove flight will reduce by 6, Give it 10 hp and 1 piece of defense will reduce its cost up by around 7. Bam Viable you're welcome im going to bed

Because we all know multi-attack is a huge sandbag on runes that have clearly been made to deal damage

TeaScholar likes this.
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Or it could be left as is.

17. super71

Since it's totally runnable right now... 67 nora for 0 defense and 32 hp, yeah an auto-include for sure. Right now he's a bonemauler with 20 less hp less defense and flying and he has shatter. You know a rune is bad when his nora is double and then some of his hp, you should know this by now.

With multi-attack and rend ranks he literally has both the same paths as bone mauler, i was trying to make him a tiny bit different but i guess you guys like 2 skellys with the same upgrade lines. I'd like to see it runnable not remain in the shoebox in the shadow of bone mauler.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

People may opt to not run a rune in its present form, in the present format, but that's ok. Bellagion just made a solid post about the basics of metagaming in general forums, and that touches on some of why it would be alright to leave Animated Blade as-is. Sometimes, runes can be good for the competitive health of a game, or even for the aesthetic aims of the game, even if people choose not to play them.

19. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Animated Blade

10 DMG, 6 SPD, 1 RNG, 2 DEF, 51HP

Basic abilities:
    Attack: Physical
    Sword Breaker
    FlightFlight

U1:
    Rend 2
    Multi attack 2
    Strike