Current bg's of mine

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Leadrz, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Feel free to discuss.
    @Sirius
    Update:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Viewer discretion advised...
    Do not try this at home..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Ifem21, Anima26, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I do have a few things to ask, but I'll be doing so tommorrow, because time.

3. Leadrz

Fair nuff mate, i like weird stuff.

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I liked the name of your jelly bg

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

+1 for Forglar Jellyfish.

EDIT: If you want a slower playstyle, try Forglar Jellyfish with Rite abilities.

6. Leadrz

I was vsing a mate an he did not believe the jellyfish and their abilities. Until I had 4 around my shrine pull off sting attacks and kill 2 of his champions in one turn.

7. Kaziken

I remember old Jellyfish with Jellebrium Mind on release. I won a game where I played a FW / FS split that utilized Tome of Hate / Unholy Tomb. The guy had transfigured and the replicating Forglar Jellyfish put his entire runedock on cooldowns of 50-100 turns by lategame. He couldn't push his last few units past a four layer thick wall of Jellyfish. He eventually died to my relics, but it was hilarious. What made it better is that the Jellyfish could just teleport forward and reconstituted themselves, along with having three immunities.

8. Leadrz

^ indeed 1010 im pretty sure the jellebrium mind keys off them from other guys now. not as good as a replicating jelly factory but.

9. Kaziken

Jellebrium currently seem more about control. You can't really AoE them if you have out a Coralwood Lagoon. Casting spells is risky for the opponent with backfires. Good anti-range with shroud. Hurts the opponent early game just by deploying. I think the best way to play them currently is to make as many as you possibly can cost-efficient and to just spam-deploy them. Perhaps aim for a Reckless Command powerturn. The nice thing about the racial is that it was indirectly buffed since Jellebrium got significantly cheaper.

EDIT: I advocate this a lot, but Jellebrium are also one of the few themes in Forglar that could sustain Soulsphere lategame.

Leadrz likes this.
  10. Kaziken

Why is Lightbringer a melee unit now? Lol.

11. Leadrz

i like him.

Ifem21 and Kaziken like this.
  12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

[Insert clip of 1977 Hobbit movie, scene 13, for which I could not find a suitable copy to link to, wherein Bilbo names his sword Sting.]

Leadrz likes this.
  13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Right, so I'll ask the questions I had in mind.

First, about the Salaman bg. Why no Horn of Order? Is Swampwasp Nectar working well? It always seems underwhelming when I look at it. Are you sure you need 2x Goading Mask? Have you considered Turtle Shell?
    Also, with all the stealthing going on PLUS the buffing from Appraiser, have you considered Darkmarsh Helm? It's a bit pricy, but you get spot Assasinate, which can very easily allow you to deal anywhere between 30 to 50 damage.
    And finally, no Berkchani? Is it because you don't own him? Is it the same issue for a second Salaman Elite?

Then, about the Boghopper bg. Is Mystic Whirpool really useful? How are Darkmarsh Outlaw and Marsh Warden working out? Did you get a chance to test the buffed Augurs?
    Does the Quest: Kill Enemy from Destiny come in handy for the generally fragile Boghoppers? I mean, I know Kartch and Boghopper Toad can make use of it, but I'm talking about dem 40-something HP champs.

Also um... is Spore Pox good? How about Sixul?

14. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Ive used it on the high one with some degree of succes. But im currently very low rating so doesnt rly help :p. Someone suggested some mask for boghopper pala (it heals 25 % when on water) and they can hold their own fairly well in general. Neophyte actually never cut it for me. But I prob suck with him.

15. Leadrz

Sometime,

no horn cause
    issue for sala elite.
    but not berkani.

wardens always okay.

yes i have i norm run them with opportunistic.

destiny is great on tonnes o guys. surprise damage.

16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Destiny is great. Not only does it give an excellent buff when triggering Quest but the spot damage from Piercing Shot is great for finishing someone off. I like throwing them on Kartch, Gekaal, Enforcers, Paladins, Tide Masters, Swampguards and Gluttons tbf. Swampguard can proc Quest twice last time i checked, first his own Quest then equip Destiny for a second. Its a really nice equip imo. Hoppers just need Blessing of River reworked and im not much of a fan of Bravado either, id like to see it give different tools instead of fearless, iron will and intimidating.

Edit: i like equipping on them Toads and Defilers too. And i havent got around to testing Piercing Shot on Flanking champs like Outlaw and Snatcher.

17. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Aquatic Talisman ;)
    Neophyte is good, but I like to use only one.

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Neophyte is the only rune ive found that works ok with Rite of Empathy. You can use him as a melee roadblock that spams them heals. With Command: Heal, Rite of Empathy and correct positioning u can get a lot of HP from a round of healing. Probably not enough to make Rite of Empathy worth running but its something. Id run 2x Neophytes for consistency if i was doing this.

19. Kaziken

If you want a lulzy combo, although slightly more situational:

Simply throw a Scimitar of The Deep on a Forglar Paladin. They have protective for five damage, their own water for ten and potentially a banner. That's 24 damage a swing with the equipment. You might also have a Boghopper Bravado that carried over.

20. Leadrz

Added in my new firk.