Boghopper Elite

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by profhulk, Sep 19, 2015.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What is so elite about him? He used to have multi3, 12 dmg, leap 3, riposte 2, block 2, and initiative. He seems mediocre now. 10 dmg 48 hps, assault, multi2. Bog Elite outclassed by many other hoppers. I feel like he needs something to put him back into the elite category so players will consider him as an asset to a bog bg. Change opportunistic assault to something else. Battle leader? Replacing assault with riposte 1 seems better to me since it would knock 4 nora off his cost. Heart strike is 4 nora cheaper than assault as well. He is wielding a sword and an axe so that kind of says "combo attack" to me. Possible combo attacks for elite that seem to cost equal or less than opportunistic assault are 1. Combo Attack: Rend 2. Combo Attack: Declare target. What do you bog players think? I miss our Boghopper Elite and I want him worthy of play. Suggestions are welcome.

Cydna likes this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I guess this could be a good chance to bring something more to Boghoppers to tie them together. Something thematic would be cool like Guarded: Boghopper, he would need adjustments to keep his cost down.

Edit: His art makes his weapons look as though theyre enchanted, something like Searing Touch.

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I vote no for combo declare target + multi. Although your other suggestions do make sense on him, I can't help but feel that giving every theme battle leader is kinda... meh. I'd prefer if boghoppers had their runes boosted (not Warsong though).

themacca likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

(I edited this to be more direct, and since Poxbase shouldn't be fully relied on, but the post Anima quoted below is still accurate).

I think Multi2 is probably soaking up too much, but that's not the only issue.

Sans abilities, I believe he's around 45 Nora for 10/6/1/1/48, which is a bit high honestly.

Rook (for example) is I think 33-34? For 11/6/1/1/41, and 11-12 nora and 1 DMG doesn't = 7 Health... or I don't think it does, even considering the DEF formula (9 nora maybe).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov

6. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

The Boghopper Tad has Guarded: Boghopper. There's slight synergy with the water that Tide Master and Forglar Paladin generate. The downside is that the Boghopper Tad will likely never be a target. Perhaps Goading Mask to force people to deal with it, thus proccing Guarded.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

battle leader is out then.
    1. Heart Strike
    2. Riposte
    3. Combo Attack: rend
    Searing touch would be cool if darkmarsh defiler didn't have it already.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Clearly the answer is Warcry.

Clearly.

9. Kaziken

In response to the thread itself, I think he'd be a lot more appealing if his Block upgrade line was replaced with other upgrades. Something like Burn, Flanking or maybe even an empowered buff. All three fit the concept art / flavor text.

profhulk likes this.
  10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

He's got an axe; why doesn't he Throw it? A couple sandbags would have to be removed ofc.

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Kaziken

I'm curious as to what you'd considered a 'sandbag' on him. Opportunistic Assault is great for melee and gives ranged a reason to fear them. Multi-Attack 2 on BASE is fantastic, allowing him to have a huge tap range, especially in conjunction with Leap 3.

12. Bellagion

Imo Opportunistic Assault is a bit overcosted and his kit has a few too many abilities for his stats to really accomodate. I'm also inclined to fall into the camp that the Block upgrade line may not be necessary on him.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I actually think Block and OA go fairly well together though. OA is of course great against Ranged, while Block provides valuable protection from the (over)extension needed to get into melee with said Ranged. It also means that Melee have to commit that much more to deal with him, and MA-2 means he can hit them back harder (generally) even with mediocre stats.

I still think the main issue is just that his base stats are costing a little too much. If he was, for example 78 with Block 2/Leap 3, I'd be much happier to run him (or 70 with Block1/Leap1).

That doesn't mean that I'm against a complete rework with some more 'hopper Synergy thrown in via the excuse, necessarily. But I don't think his ability combination is really all that bad.

14. Bellagion

Yeah, I just personally don't like the activated abilities that cause one attack to miss. Dunno why, I guess just because they're not consistent. Usually feel like OA isn't worth it either. Probably just my playstyle.

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Fair enough. It does feel like Reflexes/Evasive are generally better than Block/Dodge, but I also think a lot of that has to do with how many champs are in play/in the area. If you've got 3-4 attacks all on the same target in the same turn it's a lot harder to justify Block or something vs. those persistent defensive abilities.

OA is probably a playstyle thing though.