What FF ST BG do you use?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Xzablaz, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

after recent patch, i find myself confused with deckbuilding around themes in ST, while i myself got not enough balls to play multiplater so im curious what fellow ST player use these day, henceforth these are BGs i using:

1. Frost Amp

Frost amp.jpg

Glacier Titan now is awesome with star catalog, else is pretty much meta stuff with ice based ability and attack. at first i intended use 2x Elven Ancestor but with magic dmg now is common i swap them with 2x Crystal Rimeweaver for more cost efficient. this BG need moar magic damage, dunno what i swap for include Tundra Whisper. though i havent got Jakei Extinguisher, i think he will be a nice include to this theme.
    EDIT: i swap 1x J. Frostseer for 1x Hammerfall Lonx, not enough melee beater, should i swap him with Bluefist?

2. Elemental

Elementals.jpg

Crystal Crawler changes i think is very nice add to utility, else is pretty much good auras from nora gems and i put jakei shaman with revere and surge to become hard hitter. some runes i want to include but dont find rooms is Tundra whisper, Skybreak Dragon (for his Elemental Zephyr), and maybe 1x Crystal Wolverine again (i only had 1)

3. Adaptive

Adaptive.jpg

all 4 adaptive runes are included 2x except doomball, cos i got only 1, but when i got him i swap it with Chipped Boulder Monk, dunno should i add 1 again Chronomancer? liked this deck so far with many tools and good nora gen with soulfrost.

I dont add Lonx cos i havent got 2x Lonx Chieftain, and Yetis.. cos i confused how to make yeti work, with nerf to yeti shaman lost phsylogical warfare. same for meta, what is FF ST meta right now?

any recommendation is very welcome, and you can post your BGs here too :D

2. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wish I had those hacks of yours. Isnt Titan Unequipeable?

Anima26, Goyo, Xzablaz and 1 other person like this.
  3. Xzablaz

uugh need edit that part, just hyped from star catalog, should be Frostfall Vanguard lol

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

5. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

Why a aren't people putting the 20 nOra racial item in dedicated battlegroups? Like the full ferret fury. Ferrenso are low cost and allow proc?

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

What?

7. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think he is talking about snow kite messenger. Part of the issue is that for full effectiveness you want to use lots of logistics champs and the only theme in ST with that potental is lonx. I've messed around with it in a full jakei bg and it was helpful on the monks because the extra ap let me be more aggressive while still holding on to ap for defense. But I'm not sure it is better than something like the new star chart or giving increased range with the keeneye crown. I can see it being a 1x include in racial themes for potential suprise ap/dmg if you can afford it and a deploy and it might be fun to try a full logistics lonx bg with 2x to see how much can be leveraged from them.

8. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Put it on elemental core if youve got it

9. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

Forums always make me feel like I'm playing wrong lol

IronStylus likes this.
  10. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't think its terrible as I said I liked it on nkd champs because it let me be more offensive while holding onto some ap for defense, or it can allow a unit to double tap for several consecutive rounds. But to get a suprise effect out of it your going to need roughly 90+ nora which isn't always available. If you don't use it for suprise it seems like a fairly weak equip compared to others that by themselves can be used to set up kills on champs. Having said that ap gen is always powerful, if someone wanted to put one in a racial bg I wouldn't hate the idea but I would question if they will consistently find situations where they can use it to secure a kill or if just equiping it solo for later ap gen is worth the include.

I may be wrong as well, I recall calisk was having some success with them when it was first released. And the bgs I normally play don't focus on one race enough for me to include them besides my jakei bg and it isn't the most competitive of bgs so that may be skewing my perception of it.

11. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

I've been fairing well with my revere/exploit deck, And elementals are great.

12. Xzablaz

can u post the deck u mentioned please? i cant find right amount of champs etc to make revere/exploit deck

is Lonx Defender good in revere deck?

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Cloak of Ice+revere icesnap pretty good

14. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

any help with st frost amp

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Elemental Cores. then other things to trigger tundra menace you now have a frost BG

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

x2 Jakei Shaman, x2 Icesnap, x2 Ice Storm, x2 Gale Force, Ice Shard, Cleansing Storm, Snowblind, Swap

Imo those are the must haves ( I might be missing some).

17. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

There are many ways in which you can go about this so it will greatly depend on your play style. I'd probably aim for whatever lets you keep more nora in the long run for combos. Howling Wind + Anything frost (which works against 6 of 8 factions) can pretty much turn a game around effortlessly. Take into consideration that this can come from spells or champion built in synergies. You can spam millions of Avalanche or go for the occasional Frostfall Dragon mass AoE damage assuming you have enough sources of frozen/chill (I like the new frostbite, particularly). I'd consider Extinguishers, Frostseers, Elemental Cores, Jakei Shamans (They're usually auto), Arctic Delegates, Snowspinners, either Icesnaps or the titan with the name I forgot, Shardseer is too good to not be played, Snowflakes, Split Fairy... Well Bane Shift. The champion pool is rather big so really, play it out however you feel it best. You can even play Elementals with Amp as a main focus, frost damage charges with Crystal Yeti amIright!?

This is probably the only kind of deck in which I don't recommend running Arctic Wail on haha.

Amp is not really all that hard to pile up and neither is damage since there are many ways to increase it, I'd say you only have to be picky on the amount of sources of chilled/frozen and so on you will have, and Star Catalogs will be always more or less your go to equipment. Crystal Phoenix is pretty much auto status as well.

Honestly... look up runes with frost damage and utility and part from there, play them out and see what works for you, because aside from the auto runes (Shaman x2, Gale x2, Shard, Stormand Swap) everything can be pretty much swapped around.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Are FF ST Wings/Tailwind bgs still viable, or better to split with IS?

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Probably better to split with IS considering IS has those new Wing spells.

20. Xzablaz

new expansion is up, whats everyone think about ST changes and new champs? please post some decks guys ;) , right now im too confused with ST deckbuilding :p