Basic FW runes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Coltsfan3, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Coltsfan3

Coltsfan3 The King of Potatoes

Hey guys!
    Im looking to get into some FW decks. Im looking for some info on which runes to prioritize getting.
    I especially need suggestions on what c/uc/rares to get. I already picked up 2x martyrs, unholy tomb, tome of hate, doom, serkan, and xulos, but any other exo+ necessities would be good to know too.
    I would also like to know what some good cheap theme decks are. By cheap I don't mean nora, but easy to buy/trade for.
    thanks for all your help!

2. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

Hi, welcome to the Wastes.

there are a couple of runes that you will probably need throughout your journey in FW, here's some helpful information.

-Check out the stickied threads. The Necronomicon might be out of date, but reading it helps.

Whatever runes you need depends on the bg obviously, but here's a few that most FW bgs will use (i.e the goodstuff) in no particular order:

-Dead fairy /high warlock/utterdark fadewisp (Your ranged choices)
    -Essence Drain
    -Mobilization
    -Dark Familiar
    -Desecration
    -Festering Wounds
    -Bone Elemental/Stitched Tyrant (Some of your tank choices)
    -Afflicted Corpse/Death Guard/Soul Collector (supporting champs based on what bg you're using)
    -Coragh twoheads (Legendary, good in Goodstuff/zombie)
    -Shadow Shank/Death Harvester (support champs based on your style)

Lots of things depend on your bg. You can look around the FW selection to see what kind of bg people are using, some people are pretty active in trying to make FW op. cough * @kalasle * cough. TRYING.

You can join our guild Pox Academy for additional support outside of the forums :)

3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

broken bones is broken

themacca and Uruboz like this.
  4. Coltsfan3

Thank you so much! What is festering wounds used for? I'm assuming there's some kind of combo because it seems pretty expenseive for its basic use

5. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Unholy Tomb or Tome of Hate + Festering wounds. Orrrr Dark favor then Festering wounds.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like some people have mentioned, FW has access to a lot of global tickle damage, which often guarantees that Festering Wounds will hit all opposing units. From there, it deals a total of 10 damage over 2 rounds, and stops healing during that time. Because it causes damage, this allows it to also destealth opposing units. It's a versatile rune.

7. 15Deadmen

I havent been able to use that guy effectively, idk y. Maybe im just expecting too much?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He's 33 nora with Rabid. Move him forward, attack once, and you've got value.

Uruboz and TeaScholar like this.
  9. TeaScholar

btw 2 festering wounds = 20 damage global

10. 15Deadmen

idk what to take out tho.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That sounds like a personal problem.

12. Coltsfan3

Awesome replys guys. Thank you so much! this is why the pox community is so awesome

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

hidden OP unit most people aren't aware is insane. Archfiend is 66 nora and locks down enemies to a situation where all they can do is run away unless they have access to consistent cleansing

14. TeaScholar

Very true, hadn't thought of it that way! But like E-soldier once was, it works best when its a 1 on 1 champ fight in a distant font or so forth. Less effective when he gets blocked off and ranged-down.

But I would like to testify that zombies are much better than I had been giving them credit for. So resilient. So reliable. Unlike FW meta is right now, ironically.

themacca likes this.
  15. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Same reason i used to run Frightful Blows on Coragh, he could 1v1 almost any other champion like that.

I'm tempted to run Archfiend in witches now.

16. themacca

Yeah but this guys 66 nora and has life siphon and 12 damage. Thats insane

TeaScholar likes this.
  17. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Running Archfiend with
    Ally:UD
    Frightful Blows​
    with a Stitched and Banner he is hitting for 15 and the stitched get 1 AP

TeaScholar likes this.
  18. TeaScholar

Keep going.... How else can we build a bg around archfiend that combos well?

19. themacca

demonvein vampyres, demonologists are both FW/UD runes as wel as all the stitched excluding kiergana, theres probs other stuff out there im forgetting too.

20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Well Coragh doesn't even have it anymore.

I'm thinking for Archfiend to work as a staple you need some way to cover him from ranged attacks or multiple melee units. I've been working on a combo with witches using a Deathguard to bodyguard a Cackling Witch and then positioning a Lamia 3 spaces behind, the Lamia is vulnerable to ranged poke but anything that engages the Cackling Witch gets hit with Deafening Aura, shrunk by the Lamia and then hit by Sentinel if it attacks, it shits on melee.

Duno if squeezing a Lamia or two into meta is viable but a Deathguard would help.