FIRK MINDSHREDDER

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nechro, Sep 29, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

FS is my second most hated faction (though i do like firk) but if it isnt problematic why does it need a nerf at all?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Tough eats this for lunch.

3. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

meh hes ok

4. Nechro

Nechro Member

mindshrreder is very problamatic, im not asking for a huge nerf jus something for nora increase coz it seems cheap for such a usefull champ and brings more output than most champs at that nora cost

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Equivalent to a six range champion that hits something in range every round. Mindshredder does not focus fire so if you place some other champion with more hp in front of intended target it will dmg that champion instead. Nerf it if it makes this guy feel better. I don't really care. I just think its silly to create a thread and fail to identify why this champion is so broken it needs a nerf seeing as it has no basic attack does nothing but swap and ping. Next time when u create a nerf thread put more work into it rather than just slap some bullshit together because your raging it makes you look silly.

TeaScholar likes this.
  6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Really? This is a rune with a genuinely unique effect and built-in counterplay. It has to begin/end turns within range of its target, only hits the highest hp enemy within range, and has 40 hp with no defensive abilities.

I feel like this is the definition of an interesting but balanced rune: useful within reason but with drawbacks that your opponent can exploit using just about any type of deck.

Leadrz, Goyo, IMAGIRL and 3 others like this.
  7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

My problem with Ping is that it ALWAYS works. Paralyzed, Stunned, Crystallized, Pacified, Distracted. No spells counter it. Nothing stops the damage except for death.

8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

or psychic immunity?

9. Lushiris

Yes, because it's so common out of FS. Psychic Immunity( 8 champions), Eater(2), Resistance(4), Tough(dozens but it counters everything anyway). There, all abilities that reduce or nullify Ping damage. Oh yea, and there's the awesome Madness.

So, out of over a thousand champions, if you manage to make a BG that happens to have ONE guy mitigating Psychic damage, congratulations. You've won the lottery.

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Bloody hell, I see it coming, your whining is going to get him nerfed.

11. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

ping used to be 6 damage

12. Lushiris

The truth is that my whining doesn't get a lot of things nerfed. I just posted that to prove that claiming Immunity is enough of a counter is pure BS. My point is, Ping always deals damage, and it's the only ability that does so with such a range. That sounds weird to me, at the very least.

However, I never said it's OP. It is truly obnoxious though.

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Auras, Dream Eating, Eternal Storm, jabs, whatever.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

My problem with this thread is the author does not explain why this rune needs a nerf. Here are some questions you should ask yourself and answer in order to make an effective nerf thread. What you did was rage like a child "RUNE OP ME WANT NERF NOW! DO DIS CUZ I SAY SO HUR DUR!"
    -Is this rune too efficient for it's cost?(massive stats for nothing /undercosted abilities)
    -Is this rune immune to counterplay?(no way to counter/reduce its effect)
    -Is this rune creating some type of game breaking/auto win synergy?
    -Is this runes ability so powerful it is capable of winning games on its own?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I agree it's annoying to play against but I don't think a nerf is needed.

16. Nechro

Nechro Member

prohulk im sry if i never make a thread U'd like, it was my mistake not adding those stuff but i asumed that everyone alrdy knew these problems(i was wrong),ive never made a thread for change so im not sure how to put all the stuff u aksed for in words that'll will actually have an effect, my thread was for people who could to help suggest changes as most people would like to complain but are jus lazy to make a thread so i did it for them

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You don't have to provide reasoning for anything, man.
    You have the right to just post stuff and move on with your life. Of course, if you want to be taken seriously, you should provide content to what you write. However, there are a billion reasons for not writing lengthy posts if you don't feel like. If you feel it should get nerfed, just post it. If you really would like to see it nerfed, then providing reasons will help you with that.
    Don't let internet bullies get the best out of you, bud!

Nechro likes this.
  18. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

You are free to make an thread the way you want. But if want to be taken seriously, need to explain better what you want.

About the threat itself, Shreeder is not close to be OP, and DOESN'T NEED NERF. It's true that is hard to fight him in 1v1 with meele, but with ranged champs, he is taken down easily enougth. His cost is totally fine, if he recieve any kind of nerf, he will probally get shoebox (even if the nerf was just a little thing).

Anima26 likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's true that vs a single target the Mindshredder has great potential, but that makes sense since the inherent drawbacks of the abilities are clearly not manifested in a 1v1 scenario.

In either case it still has a +20 nora modifier and the last time the cost was adjusted specifically it went up 5 nora, but I am sure it changed a bunch for various reasons too like the formula adjustments, etc.

I can definitely see the argument about the Shield being really good for him (even tho generally speaking they aren't very good).

20. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

How about change his psychic ping to rank 2 and give him +10 HP, and erase psychic ping 3 from the universe?

It does sounds too strong to begin with. :rolleyes:

Xirone likes this.