Brainstorming - Whitestone Gargoyle

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What if Statue form was changed to Relic Drop - Statue and has his stats/upgrades cleaned up a bit?

Dam: 10
    Spd: 6
    Rang: 2-4 (-1 Min and Max)
    Def: 0
    HP: 45 (-5)

Base Abilities:
    Attack: Sonic
    Flight
    Inscrutable Form (Add a cap on Revere: X)
    Relic Drop: Statue

U1:
    Preparation (Default)
    Revere: Drakon
    Sonic Roar

U2:
    Calcify
    Resist: Magic 3
    Resist: Physical 2 (Default)

2. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

you like pretty much the new SL drake eh

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am not seeing any similarities at all other than the fact that they both have a basic attack.

4. JaceDragon

The fact both deploy a relic which grant a buff to the race they belong to. Or maybe i understand wrong what you are suggesting to do with deploy statue

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Relic Drop is what Spredrop and Tomb Sentinels do.

6. JaceDragon

Oh now i understand. I don't like the idea.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

His standard build is almost 90 nora when he doesn't bring anything special to the table. His upgrades are also scattered and dont have any clear direction.

newsbuff likes this.
  8. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I am going to boldly state that ability is almost never going to work (as in, champions with it won't be usable). The 1 round delay of Stasis is pretty much the delay limit for units with any kind of "normal" design.

If you want 2 rounds delay, you REALLY gotta start being creative and/or make them do stuff/power up while waiting. Maybe a version of Preparation that was twice as powerful could work, but I doubt it (hard to gauge the powerlevel and keep it in check). In fact, it seems very hard to add something to such runes that won't either be insuficient or way too much (or even both, yeah I know, weird).

9. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

First off drakon sucks and no one will split with KF to clone spam revere drakon. Having said that I agree that his kit is too scattered and he needs a better defined role.

Id like:

Dam - 10
    Spd - 6
    Rng - 1-3
    Def - 0
    HP - 50

Base
    Atk: Sonic
    Flight
    Statue form
    Detection 2
    Perseverence
    Stasis

U1:
    Preparation
    Silent Contemplation
    Sonic Roar

U2:
    Revere: Drakon
    Calcify
    Resist magic: 3

This build lets you decide how you want to manage the range to mobility ratio and also the choice of offensive and defensive buff. It also has the defined role of defensive counter attack, and provides in theme detection options for structs. Mark I typically like your ideas (barring the arch angel debacle lol) but yours is a terribad idea.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I like the look of this. Will likely need to drop something from base though else he will have 7 abilities which is generally frowned upon. Perhaps moving Perseverance to U2 instead of Calcify?

11. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

yeah I wasn't considering ability count, just cost/tradition ratio. id rather keep calcify vs perseverance personally but whatever.