Having trouble getting the game to run.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by zorbot, Sep 6, 2015.

1. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

I have tried downloading the game on a new computer of mine but I have been unable to get it to run successfully. When I first download it, there are no problems to be had until I actually get into the game. Once inside the game, the moment I click on anything it crashes. I then relaunch the game and hit "repair." Afterwards, when I try to launch the game it doesn't respond at all. So I completely delete it and re-download the game only to have the same errors occur.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.4. I have the latest version of Java downloaded and every other possible hindrance such as memory or disk space is not an issue.

tl;dr I read the mac tech forum and I'm having different issues getting the game to run.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello,

When you uninstalled the game did you use the program AppCleaner to make sure all files are removed before reinstalling? That is the first place to look, because if there are any files left from the previous install they may corrupt any subsequent install. It is also wise to make sure your video drivers are up to date because that can cause many unpredictable issues. Unfortunately, the drivers for mac are also tied to the OS version. OS X 10.7 is almost 5 years old now with the most recent OS being 10.10.

If you still are having issues after exploring these options please create a customer support ticket by going to PoxNora.com and clicking on Help. In the ticket be sure to specify the problem and and everything you have done similar to here. The reason we need you to create a customer support ticket is because we may need you to provide additional account specific information.

3. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

I know this is some time off, but I figured out the problem. My Mac was operating on an older OS that I guess wasn't supported but should have been. Since the update, I've had no problems. Thanks for responding.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Good to hear you were able to resolve your problem. It is to be running Mac OS Mavericks or newer because for some reason apple decided to not support newer versions of Java on older Mac OS's.