new player, some doubts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madpitbull, Oct 3, 2015.

1. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

Hi everyone, I would like to know how do I join a faction and how do I contribute to the faction war. Also if there are any guilds out there willing to recruit and help new players. Wonderful game I must say. I'm already hooked... Playing Pox Nora has made me realize how much I'm fond of bats... (Voil) lol

2. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

You don't really join a faction, you can play whatever you want whenever you want. A lot of players typically choose one faction to play though because having enough runes to play everything can be expensive. I'm pretty sure the guild NWO would take you in.

Just out of curiosity how did you find the game?

madpitbull and Anima26 like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pox Academy is always looking to support new players. People there will answer any sort of questions you have -- all you gotta do is ask. They'll also do their best to accommodate any trade requests you have. To get in, just submit an application through the poxnora.com site, under the guilds section.

Djangoguy, vitor, themacca and 3 others like this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Pox Academy is probably the most new player friendly guild. Might be the most active guild.

themacca, bambino, Pattn199 and 2 others like this.
  5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

A hearty welcome to Pox sir. Enjoy. Game is good and crazy.

madpitbull likes this.
  6. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

Thank you guys for all your help! ;) (y) I will check the guild section later. Sorry but I only had the chance to reply today.
    To me this game is awesome. It takes me back to those afternoons playing heroes of might and magic 3 when I was a kid. I totally recomend it for those that enjoy some good old TBS. I just can't stop playing it... lol

Lushiris, Anima26, bambino and 2 others like this.
  7. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

I think he ment how/where did you find the game.

Welcome to pox man ;)
    Feel free to pm me if you need anything (ign= Frit25)

madpitbull likes this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Good to see a few new players posting on the forumd, the advertising must be working.

Anima26, madpitbull and Ifem21 like this.
  9. Lonewatch

Lonewatch Member

Welcome aboard. Have fun playing.

madpitbull likes this.
  10. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

;) lol I was googling something to keep me entertained, then I got to f2pmmogs.com and there it was... I tried some games they had on the list under the TBS genre but Pox Nora was the one that stood out to me... Most games made today burn my will to play too damn fast... I'm a picky guy and I don't play a game just because everybody plays it...

Alakhami, Lushiris, Ifem21 and 2 others like this.
  11. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

thanks for the warm welcome brah :)

12. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Welcome! Yeah PA is a great guild to go to. People there are friendly and helpful

Anima26 and madpitbull like this.
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

You're in the right place then.

14. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

What's that all about the advertising? One thing I recognize to be essential is making Pox available on steam and that's been made alrdy. Big community and if it wasn't for that me and many others would have a hard time buying in-game currency... You just can't mix credit cards and internet these days... Sometimes it can be an explosive mixture... lol I know this game has a couple of years and I heard some user reviews (not on steam) talking about when SOE owned it it was a bit p2w but I started playing it now and it doesn't feel p2w at all... Just wanted to make you guys know that since you seem curious about new players feed back. I bought a deck to have more options available in order to create my setup faster but that's just me because I spend money in the games I enjoy... I didn't try pvp too much so far but against AI I practically steamroll it... Ahhh you gotta love the Voil. ;) Don't mean to dimish other factions, it's just that I love them because they fit my playstyle perfecly. I'm sure every faction has it's pros and cons... eheh About that f2p and pw2 thing again there's no real f2p only if you're a good hearted billionare free from the need to rely on your income to make a living...

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I'm glad to hear you like the f2p system. it has gotten a lot better recently.

madpitbull likes this.
  16. madpitbull

madpitbull New Member

I agree. Although i never experienced Pox before I must say that it's a completely fair and solid f2p system. Noone can talk about that now.

17. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Welcome to the forums. I'm the unofficial king of the forums and official king of women. Hit me up with anything UD.

madpitbull likes this.
  18. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

heroes of might and magic. .one of the best fantasy tbs of all time. pox does a nice job of bringing me back to those days as well..
    welcome:)

and yeah homm 3 was best version...they went a lil crazy with the heroes on 4.

19. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

3 was the one i played the most, my favourite one for sure. I enjoyed the extra detail in 4 too, it was 5 that lost me though, didnt feel like the same game any more.

Edit: I actually spent months building a "Huge" custom map for Homm3, i think it was 3 but it may have been four, it was soo detailed and id probably finished around 70% of it. I would have loved to play it through it was huge world full of stuff to pick up, claim and fight. I honestly dont know what happened to it, i think i got a new PC and just forgot about it, i dont have the file any more so its lost sadly.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, let's not talk about Heroes V and VI. It's depressing.