Steam Wyvern (FS/SL Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Steam Wyvern
    Faction: Forglar Swamp & Sundered Lands
    Race: Dragon | Class: None | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A small dragon is swimming in a pool of steaming water. There are a number of cooked fish rising toward its gaping mouth.
    Flavor-Text: A petrified Steam Wyvern was found deep in the sand and no one knew how, or when, it met its end. Carved on its chest, in a forgotten language, was the following inscription; "Monsoon and Boil can be a deadly combination."
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: Standard Formula Cost

Champion Stats

DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 2-4 | DEF: 2 | HP: 44

Champion Abilities

Attack: Fire (2)- This unit makes a Fire attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
    Attack: Water (2)- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
    Amphibious (1)- This champion ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by Water.
    Favor (8)- When you successfully cast a spell that shares a faction with this unit, you gain 5 nora. This does not stack.

Upgrade Path I
    Spellsurge: Monsoon (4)- When this champion is deployed, Monsoon spells are revealed from your runedock. Monsoon spells costs 10 nora less (this does not stack) and this champion is healed for 8 HP when a friendly Monsoon spell is played.
    Tidal Wave (10)- Area Effect 2, Range 5: Affected non-Aquatic, non-Semi-Aquatic, and non-Amphibious champions take 12 Physical damage. This damage ignores DEF. For 3 turns, spaces within the affected area are Shallow Water. CD: 4, AP: 4
    Water Front (8)- At the beginning of each turn, all spaces within 3 spaces of this champion becomes Shallow Water for 4 turns.

Upgrade Path II
    Hunter: Submerged (12)- When this unit would deal attack damage to a champion in Water, that damage is increased by 50% (after DEF). When this unit takes attack damage from a champion in Water, that damage is reduced by 30% (after DEF). This does not stack with other Hunter abilities.

Spellsurge: Boil (4)- When this champion is deployed, Boil spells are revealed from your runedock. Boil spells costs 10 nora less (this does not stack) and this champion is healed for 8 HP when a friendly Boil spell is played.
    Lava Storm (14)- Area Effect 2, Range 5: Affected champions take 12 Fire damage. This damage ignores DEF. For the next 2 turns, spaces within the affected area are Shallow Lava (4 Fire damage on entry and when occupied). CD: 5, AP: 4

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    badgerale, Leadrz and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Xirone

Obviously this champion is meant to make Monsoon and Boil a more commonplace combo while retaining some of its flavor in FF decks. If Favor would be too strong in combination with the nora discounts on the Spellsurge abilities, it could easiliy be replaced with Anthomancy for a lot of rune reveals.

3. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Just ideas here :)

flavor text: "Those that survived the relentless heat of the sands were changed in ways imaginable" - Geekal, high one (or some other folgar guy , not well verse in this facion lol)

Attack: Steam (this champion makes a water (is this a thing?) attack at it's range. This is a basic attack, When it successfully deals damage, the target becomes scalded 3.)

scalded : works as a water/fire Dot (could be both or just one) and also deals additional 1 damage per tick if the guy is in water.

Name change:

Hunter: submerged / Hunter: Aquatic (could stay for in water or could deal additional damage to aquatic and semi-aquatic guys)

love to see support champions who can say.....GRANT AQUATIC to enemies so all the bonus damage from boil and whatnot can come in and perform some major ass kicking.

and UP2 shouldnt really have a lava, maybe a new field called heated sand( does less fire damage than lava but when water is applied it becomes steam field, deals (water?) or fire damage and applied scalded. Counts as water.

4. Xirone

I like the name Hunter: Submerged. I'll edit that in now. I am trying to stay away from too many new abilities on a single champ, however, and so Attack: Steam will have to go unmade (though it makes sense). As for Lava Storm, I wanted an ability that would kind of replace Spellsurge: Boil if the champ were played in FF FS and that is what I came up with. I'm happy to replace it with another heat related AoE if Lava Storm doesn't quite fit.

All in all, thanks for the input!

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Scolded, could do extra DoT if not in water, forcing the enemy to decide if they want to be in water to cooldown or not.

Xirone likes this.
  6. gamengamenut

HAHA thanks man npnp!

yeah....scalded should apply like say a 4 -5 turn fire dot that is removed if the champion ends his turn in water.....to make it unique maybe make scalded guys take additional damage from attack steam/water? similar to branded lol...like additional 2 fire or something

7. Leadrz

The removal clause is bad because it could be abused and make scold weaker.
    The condition could check if the champion is in water or not and stay over x amount of turns not dealing damage unless out of water.
    The removal clause would prevent any damage from occurring due to instant removal next turn.

8. gamengamenut

so like.....scalded 5:

deal it's duration in (water or fire) damage, negated if unit is in water.

it still ticks down but wont deal damage unless not in water....hmm....but it must have a plus point to compensate for this lol cant think of one

9. Leadrz

Plus point =
    You can drown it.
    You can dive to it. It has to stay within the water limits
    = you can boil it easier

10. gamengamenut

ahhhhh....forcing people into the water....well "forcing"

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Leadrz

in a way, yes. just an idea.
    take it at face value.

12. gamengamenut

wait.....but then doesnt it kinda make water gen work "against" the damage idea for scalded?

13. Leadrz

Most water gen, happens behind the front line.
    meaning, most of the time. the opponent can only retreat onto land instead of water. if you know what i mean?

14. gamengamenut

Ahhhh......mind games...i like hahaha

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

love it

16. gamengamenut

ikr......a new element thing is super cool