Discussing American politics as civil human beings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 13, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I heard of stats where in 90% of the cases, the candidate who raised the most money won the presidency.

I feel like it's because a lot of voters are really susceptible to all sorts of advertising, smear campaigns and whatnot included, since they don't inform themselves that much on politics in general.

Ohmin and DarkJello like this.
  2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

We call that the low information voter (aka a democrat).

DarkJello likes this.
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Way too many folks that vote Republican and way too many folks that vote Democrat are influenced exactly as you have stated above.

It is less a lack of intelligence, and more a lack of time in the trenches studying the issues. Thus politicians can "get away with" lying constantly, at least for a few decades.

Ohmin likes this.
  4. DarkJello

5. DarkJello

DJT tears it up in Las Vegas today, 10-8-2015.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Donald Trump billed his ‘University’ as a road to riches, but critics call it a fraud
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...9ed9c8-52c0-11e5-933e-7d06c647a395_story.html

"Never licensed as a school, Trump University was in reality a series of real estate workshops in hotel ballrooms around the country, not unlike many other for-profit self-help or motivational seminars. Though short-lived, it remains a thorn in Trump’s side nearly five years after its operations ceased: In three pending lawsuits, including one in which the New York attorney general is seeking $40 million in restitution, former students allege that the enterprise bilked them out of their money with misleading advertisements."

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. Sokolov

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. DarkJello

It is still very early. The Donald is not fading as of yet.

http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/10/trump-dominates-in-new-presidential-polls/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/02/politics/pew-poll-donald-trump-leads/index.html

10. DarkJello

11. Sokolov

Whatever happened to this book?

[​IMG]

Did he just re-release this book with a different title?

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

At this point you might as well admit that Trump is as much of a sellout as other politicians.

Instead of to big corps, he's gonna put his own corp first. He's doing the same bs flipflop "i hate mexicans" "oh i love mexiancs here's a mexican supporter who loves me" bullshit. Only in America can this happen and do people fall for it.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

or
    Crippled America: How i became the 3rd Bush

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

giggity

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

At least when trump is president you won't have to waste a Nobel prize trying to buy him off.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

"Please, please, please be a peaceful, reasonable person!"

"No"

BurnPyro likes this.
  18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    DarkJello and Boozha like this.
  19. DarkJello

A key argument against taking Donald Trump's candidacy seriously is evaporating

10-11-2015

Donald Trump's continued dominance of the Republican presidential field has confounded many top pollsters and analysts since he soared to the top of the field in July.

And a new poll shows that Trump may not be finished surprising them yet.

The real-estate mogul again led the pack, with 27% of likely Republican primary voters picking him as their preferred nominee as of today.

That placed Trump ahead of his closest competitors — retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who garnered 21% in Sunday's poll, and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who placed third with 9%.

According to CBS, 42% of voters surveyed reported paying "a lot" of attention to the presidential race, compared to 36% who reported paying a lot of attention last month. CBS reported that the percentage is notably higher than in the past two election cycles.

Moreover, voters reported that they are more interested in the race at this point than they were in the last election. Sunday's poll found that 70% of voters said this presidential race was "interesting," compared to the 40% who reported that the presidential race was interesting in October 2011.

Though it's unclear if voters are serious about who their selection will be, they are certainly paying more attention at this point than in past cycles.

CNN knew even before the second Republican debate that the event would be the most highly watched program in its history. Prior to September's debate, for which 23 million Americans tuned in, the most-viewed contest was a Democratic presidential debate in January 2008. Only slightly more than 8 million watched that debate.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-key-metric-shows-crucial-162513608.html

Notice that outsiders continue to dominate. Meanwhile establishment Repubs cannot gain any traction for Speaker of the House. Fundamental transformation incoming?

20. Sokolov

Not sure that this part is anything to celebrate, considering it is part of the Koch-funded attempted takeover of the government.