Kanen and detection units

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by negatorxx, Oct 8, 2015.

1. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

Can Kanen please get a detect unit that isnt complete and utter garbage? 77 nora for a unit that has 37 HP and 7 damage is crazy bad.

2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

8SPD, you forgetting

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

8SPD is pretty crazy for a ranged unit imo.

4. negatorxx

what the Firk do you do with 8 speed that cant damage anything, and has a 4 max range? Its enough AP to get out of melee range, move 3 blocks away, and hit for lol 7 damage.

Saprophyte and RedScarlet like this.
  5. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

keep in mind it have hidden rock (which is in almost any map on rotation) so you can have some elusive plays

Ifem21 and Leadrz like this.
  6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

all about playing around strengths.

7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

With his current non-efficient self as opposed to its pre-balancing stats and cost, I'd rather have him at 1RNG and 7 SPD. 8 speed lost its shine after the maps have been balanced. That would reduce his cost to an acceptable level.

Then, his true role would be to either font-capping via stealth and running around and as an extra pack mentality trigger.

Tbh, giving him 8SPD after the map balancing, and giving him 4MAX rng with a lackluster damage seems like a sandbagging conspiracy.... because either way... his unique contribution is solely Detection, I'm not willing to pay 77 nora for a semi-combat, squishy detection unit while others get Deep Elf Scout and the likes.

8. Ifem21

Simples fix:
    -reduce speed to 7.
    -give him Shatter.
    -reduce range to 1.
    His cost will go down and will give him one more utility.

9. negatorxx

exactly. he gets 2 shotted by some champs of the same price.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

remembering kanen can get a bonus of +15 hp from boost idol of kain taris and warbanner and a bonus of +4 damage from commander idol and banner

Ifem21 likes this.
  11. Ifem21

And he still think tracker is bad, even with 8spd.

12. negatorxx

everyone thinks tracker is bad. you shouldnt need buffs to make something acceptable.

13. Ifem21

Everyone? People who plays Kanen a lot know the value of an 8spd ranged stealth unit in the theme, even with low HP. He is acceptable, with or without the buffs, if he is getting killed só easily for you, try to be more cautios using him.