This is happening rather quietly

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Oct 12, 2015.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Just as you said, "most of the earliest notions". They did NOT keep on trucking though. They became regressive, and faded backwards. It is very sad, for them.

newsbuff likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Anyway, now that we are back to Bane Shift like "Savvy?" and displays of dominance and putting down opinions of others, I am bowing out.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Sure, but none of that suggests to me that we should actively celebrate Columbus.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Because you won't find a rational discussion here. You'll just find subhuman nationalists.

5. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Just for the record: I find some of the opinions revealed in this thread deeply disturbing.

newsbuff likes this.
  6. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

DJ don't start with that silly Bane Shift, the context of News comment was "1000" years back.

7. DarkJello

I did NOT celebrate this Columbus Day. Cannot remember when I last did celebrate it. And yet it remains a critically important day. Hence the link.

Then why are complaining about my opinion, if you disagree with Newsbuff? Curious.

So "savvy" is not allowed now? My goodness gracious.

Nobody on "your side" ever attempts to display dominance or put down the opinions of others?

8. Sokolov

Maybe you didn't celebrate it personally this year, but you did state earlier you believe it should be celebrated. @Bellagion disagrees, that's all, and your link also disagrees.

He wasn't complaining about your opinion. He initially commented about Newsbuff assertion, you replied to molosse, and so he is saying your comment isn't applicable given the context. I don't understand why that's hard to understand.

There's plenty of it in all aspects. I just think they are less... condescending about it as you with your "Whining," "Cool beans" and "Savvy" in a serious discussion. It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but just makes me not want to talk to you, that's all.

9. Sokolov

I do think in general people agree more than they realize, but it's easier and more interesting to see the differences. Plus, one does get sucked into these sort of discussions :D

10. DarkJello

I appreciate this opportunity to clarify my earlier comments.

1) By "celebrate both days" I meant that people can celebrate 1 or both or neither. Trying to supplant one with the other is silly. It is 2015 now. History cannot be undone.

2) The context is that I was sharing my opinion of a prior opinion. So it is applicable. He then swore at me. You are offended by "savvy" and I am offended by swearing.
    ----Now that you explain a 2nd interpretation of Molosse's comment in post #84, I see your point of view. I am infallible too. Apologies.

3) And I don't like talking to people that get offended so easily. Centralized government continues to crush humanity. Focusing on my tone instead of the big picture is a mistake.

11. Sokolov

I am not offended, just... tired? *shrug* I don't know what to call it.

And the fact that you feel the need to constantly inject your anti-government propaganda into every discussion, relevant or otherwise, is tiresome.

Note the difference too, between the fact that I give you the dignity of a proper response to your content most of the time, while I just tend to ignore the outright incendiary statements that has no content. It doesn't mean I condone their statements - it means I don't believe they deserve a response. And of course, in general we tend to be more likely to say something when there's something interesting to say in the response :D

(Though I admit there are some people I troll. I am not perfect.)

Also, stop sucking me back into this thing!

AJDFLASKA!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    DarkJello and newsbuff like this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ironically newsbuff liked your post.

Oh online forums

Anima26, JellyBerry and iPox like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

sok pls

JellyBerry, Bellagion and Sokolov like this.
  14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

for example- "i am bowing out-

then comes back and keeps going

Anima26 and JellyBerry like this.
  15. Boozha

I don't fkn get it, unless he's trying to troll in his haphazard way

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

At this point I'm convinced that certain people have been living their delusions so long, they don't actually realise their beliefs are mindblowing to any rational person.

-

tldr im super glad we enslaved and massacred those blacks in Congo, free stuff from the colonies paid for my roads

BELGIUM BELGIUM BELGIUM

17. Boozha

My mind tells me I should be chiming in with a trolly tune about jews, Russians, gypsies and communists, but my soul aches at the thought ...

Maybe I should leave the forums, I'm not playing much anymore and some of the company is disgusting. Even MW beats this by a country mile.

18. Sokolov

I am pretty much an addict :(

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

so my uni doesnt close much, mainly never on holidays... but come AFL grand final day... it's closed 100/100 wtf uni

20. DarkJello

I find many of your points mind blowing, just for the record. And I also believe any rational person would agree with me. So now what?

BP just celebrated "free" roads in the colonies thanks to slavery. Guess that is supposed to be a funny comment, but it failed to make me laugh. What say you?