PoxNora Mafia - Day Phase 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Dawn breaks over the marketplace, revealing two bodies lying the square. They belong to Xinde and an unknown Draksar respectively, it looks like Xinde had his throat slashed, though the cause of the Draksar's death is far more difficult to determine. By the time everyone has assembled, it becomes clear that Neksis is the only one who cannot be accounted for. He must be the Draksar! The sergeant survey's the mess with some disgust, "Ach, I were really hopin' tha' yesterdays death were just a fluke." He looks up at the crowd around him, "I hope ye at least have some idea of who might be behind this?"

Xinde has been killed in the night, Neksis has been eliminated due to inactivity. They were an Attendant Squire and a Draksar Footman respectively. It is now Day Phase 1, please ensure you have posted your votes within the next 48 hours.

The following players must post this phase or will be eliminated;
    @TeaNinja
    @darkpally5
    @Napalm Monk

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

right lads, someone get the rope, the rest o' us, grab purpletop.

3. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

Ok, so on night one we lose a Vanilla townie and Neksis, a inactive vanilla maf gets offed. I am going back to look over Xindes posts to see why he might have been a target on night one.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

i've changed my mind, napalm is trying waaaaay too hard, lets hang him instead.

5. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

At this point in the game I would be very suspicious of anyone trying to discourage activity. Just sayin.

6. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

well reading posts fireball was a good target, he didn't say much. Leaving for work now but I will give more thoughts when I get back.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

obviously you are trying to make yourself look innocent by finding someone else to accuse, someone who didn't get along with xinde, maybe you, since you're wrath, know that person would also be wrath, thus making you look even more innocent.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'd head for PT, Emries, Gerbil. But that is little more than a guess. Ricky would make a good target aswell.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Assuming that each mafia role was filled (considering Neksis was a footman and not a mercenary lends to that assumption) and assuming that there not multiple footmen/mercs (I have no reasoning for this assumption but it is doubtful that there are many more considering the original number of participants) then there are 5 mafia remaining and 12 townsfolk. A lynch vote gives us a 31.25% chance (remember each person is aware of their own role and Gers is the only one crazy enough to consider voting for himself) of nailing a mafia. While this seems like a small chance of success it is fact one of our best chances for victory. As townsfolk die the mafias ability to influence votes grows each night. I do not yet have a suspect or reason to nominate someone for a death vote but firmly believe that someone MUST die today. The second benefit of this is that it forces people to communicate and increases the odds of a mafia member screwing up and revealing their true motives. I know that advocating the lynching of somebody (who may or may not be innocent) paints me as suspicious and may well result in my death but if it leads to furthering our odds of victory then I have nothing to lose.

10. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

We use the knowledge that we have available to come to conclusions.

I don't know you personally and I won't cast dispersions but I will ask the group, does Geressen generally act this way? It is coming across to me as either stupid town or stupid mafia. Just my observation.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yes he has always been this way. In the context of the game however it makes it hard to judge his true motives. The chaos would benefit him more as a mafia member but it is not without its uses as a towns member. As a mafia member erratic behavior makes it impossible to judge motives based on votes as there is no clear reasoning or patterns. As a towns member there normally would be no reason to act in such a way but doing so makes him seem like less of a threat to the mafia thus likely allowing him to live to later rounds which can be useful if he has a power. That said, this is standard Gerben so I wouldn't stress over it too much unless you genuinely have a reason to do so.

12. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Was reading over the thread after discovering I had more time than I thought, I will just leave this here for now.

**VOTE - DAGDA**

13. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

I absolutely agree that someone needs to die today, it's our primary way to gather information.

If you could break up your walls of text so they are easier to read/digest I would appreciate it.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Forgive me. I normally prefer to format better but I am typing on my IPad at work. Most of what I have to say at this point has been said however so I will wait till I get home later to discuss any further content that will emerge.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Any particular reason why? I prefer that people express their reasoning as it makes it easier later on to go back and determine people's motives.

16. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

Holy crap, I didn't realize this had already started, sorry!
    If I haven't already been booted for inactivity, I'll read through all of this when I get home from the dogpark. >.<

17. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

Except it looks like I was...
    Sorry guys. :(

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

We take booting a step further round these parts...

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Sorry fella D:

20. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

sorry neksis :/ it sucks when anyone gets offed for inactivity.

So I see some fingers flying around. I'm obliged to cover the ones about me first. Both boozha and geressen (more jokingly it seems) have said something about me. Well, I'd be more interested in hearing the reasons. I feel I haven't been to shady... The only post (of my three) that might seem odd is my one saying that emries wouldn't die in the night.

the reason I said that is A) he has aroused certain suspicions (myself included) and B) I remember him saying one game that he "likes to play this game as if he were a maf", which will generally serve to benefit the mafia.

now, I am also interested to see the reasons why the first vote has gone to dagda. Gav did this, and he is an intelligent player. Making a first vote is a bold and usually attention-grabbing move. To me, this means that gav is most likely NOT a power role, and is instead basing his accusation on in-thread statements. Or he is a maf trying to make plays, but at this point I find that much less likely.

so, be this the case or otherwise I think it smart to define the origin of your accusation gav. Until then or until I have time to read the thread again after homework and work, I will refrain from voting. I plan on unveiling my suspicions soon enough, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.