Ice block

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Ballballer, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Why the hell does this thing suddenly have a death nova?

Like why?

What could possibly be the reason for giving a relic that gets flung everywhere by trying to kill a certain champ a death nova?

RedScarlet and SaintKiwi like this.
  2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Wow, seriously? I had no idea it got death nova now. But hey, now the block is actually useful; I don't see this being broken, but I could see Sok's hand in this as he's number 1 fan of Snowburst... It could be an annoying combo.

To clarify: I don't think it's OP because unless you run a bunch of Ice eaters(which are actually rare in ST, or just shoeboxed) you are also vulnerable to the nova. And don't forget that the blocks are normally created during opponent's turn, so they might actually be a problem to the owner. It's just too random to pose a real threat IMO.

Edit: But to be honest, I'd have to see it in play to have a real assessment.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I want to build a BG around exploding relics. Maybe FW/ST for desecration + Fuse Bombs.

Djangoguy likes this.
  4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

and reclaim?

5. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Fuse bombs now have warding and pariah :( no Dessy combo anymore :(

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Just pariah. they also have impregnable on first turn so cant self detonate

7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

just fought a meta ST yesterday, and tbh Ice Block having death nova seems like BS with all the amps + howling wind that they have access to....

Imo its not as problematic on paper, but when you're playing against one, and there are ice blocks everywhere on mid font, comeback seems like impossible. You're going up against a creepblocking relic that explodes, while the champ counts between u and ur opponent is on par.

Meaning, u gotta spend AP just to clear the way, while keeping space, while your opponent is just waiting for you to spend those AP destroying these spammable relics. Positioning becomes a pain in the ass with both propagate and conjure ice block.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Was Ice Caster just spamming Iceblocks?

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The momento you mention Conjure Ice Block as a source of anything, your point is flawed.

For further understanding, you either attacked Ice Caster with low damage units, or she lost a lot of HP summoning them while you were doing something else.