How do you hold up against zombies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultima, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Title says it all, obviously spiders are a bad match up due to free swarm, but even with skeezicks, demons etc I have problems.they swarm the board far too quick. Only time I stand a chance is if I get any ranged out early for a hit and run, but doesn't make much a difference once corspe-a-pault comes out.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Deploy my ranged first and pray to the range gods they don't deploy dead fairy before i get my ranged out. Also hope that they don't run elsarin night.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Anti summon wrecks hard. if you're playing UD run a demonologist against it. also gives u a chance to swarm their swarms

Pattn199 likes this.
  4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Swarm works well, and anti-relic runes can help mitigate some of their advantages. Make sure you check the range of Corpse-a-pults and try to use your cc/single target damage on the Fairies if you can.

Don't spend too much time dealing with the foot soldiers, instead try to play aggressively and take out their key support/range runes, using any high-mobility champs to contest their fonts. Count the squares that the baby zombies can move and still attack and tty to prevent them from engaging your ranged at all.

Overall, winning against FW is often a test of prioritizing the most important runes and taking them out even if it takes some sacrifice. Sitting back will only let them build up an advantage over time.

Anima26, Lushiris and Pattn199 like this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Field any units you can with Tough or damage mitigation, and then combine that with high damage output -- that's if you want to bash them down. Eschew utility runes, except for hardcounters.

Pattn199 likes this.
  6. Ultima

So with skeezick
    -forbidden fruit+filcher, and cannoneers
    Demon deck-demonologist, superiority
    Electric decks-wombo combo with that 25 Nora equip

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I like echoes better against zombies compared to superiority, people playing zombies tend to get too many out and kinda clump them together.

8. Ultima

Does it go off of summoned? Or was it just illusions? I run it in my spider decks but never get a chance to use it to its full potential. If it does, jI should suicide my spiderlings.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

only real champions increase the damage of echoes. so no summons or illusions

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Surrender button, find another match that might actually be fun

11. Ultima

No sign of "git gud"

12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Literally my reaction to some FW decks about 5mins in. It's either that or run absolutely everything directly at their shrine.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Battle Leader units can really help. Usually, they overwhelm with numbers but the extra global damage from Battle Leader adds up fast against Corpseapult.

14. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

just run crusader and refute

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

On big maps, you're pretty much ****ed if you play against zombies.

Lushiris likes this.
  16. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

You call Rick Grimes

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Perfect instructions. Sadly it's a lot easier said then done, as yesterday I did not manage to focus on the Fleshblight Witches( ferrens vs zombies in SP map). My true failure was at losing my champion with backlash before UT got destroyed though.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Also, don't try to play a fair game if you can avoid it. Against a lot of FW, you need to bust out whatever flavor of bullcrap you can. That means Tough units, cheeky healing, and force-multiplied damage numbers.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You don't.
    You petition for FW getting deleted once and for all.

super71 and Elves Rule like this.
  20. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Yea, my playstyle is focused on defensive counter measures. It normally fails against FW because they have several ways to counter my counter measures( and I'm not even joking) and I insist on them like a stubborn mule, even when they are not working.