Akakios Buff

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by themacca, Oct 27, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Okay so akakios is one of my favorite units in the game just for who he is and his art is pretty good too. But he's not really ever been that good of a rune. I mean currently he is tanky beyond belief but frankly just so limited offensively there isn't much reason to kill him. So i'd like to get some proposals going to try and make him a more well rounded and playable champion worthy of the name he carries.

Stats
    Nora cost 87 (Base)
    Damage 12
    Speed 6
    Range 1
    Defense 2
    HP 51

Abilities: 37 Nora Base
    Attack Physical+2
    Dragonflight+8
    Regeneration 3 +7
    Roar of the Fallen +1

Upgrade 1:
    Annihilate +1
    Flamethrower (Base) +9
    Fire Aura 3 -4

Upgrade 2:
    Fire Acolyte 0
    Scale Armor (Base) +10
    Draconic Force -2

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Saprophyte likes this.
  2. themacca

@Sokolov Can i get any confirmation that i've got the nora cost here correct. also opinions on the suggestion would be nice too

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, it looks pretty close, might be 86 or 88 depending on rounding.

4. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

dont give him defender

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I guess it's part of his flavor, but I seriously don't like on-death abilities on champions that will take more than 10 rounds to return, but yea it's just 1 nora. I agree with Bonice, he's good except for defender.

6. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, please no aoe def buffs in SL. Also using "The no reason to kill him argument" doesn't seem to work, otherwise the stillwater mutant might have a slightly different kit.

7. themacca

Between amp and soulfeast he can deal 15+ damage per attack to a soultapped unit. thats significantly more dangerous. Also he's not 87 nora

8. themacca

Edited to reflect complaints.

9. Saprophyte

Saprophyte Member

The only thing I don't like is going from 7 speed to 6, but other than that, support.

10. themacca

Had to cut cost somewhere unfortunately. that +1 speed is something like 7-8 nora. and his 7 speed curretly wasnt particularly helpful with him not really having much damage output

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Id
    I'd love to have blessing of the fallen on totem thanks to immortal, in place of skeezick alliance on upgrade line 2 for a +1 Nora cost. Off topic though so my bad.

12. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

He is Draksar leader,

Give him some Draksar Synergys,

Boost Draksar in U2?

13. Noware13

Noware13 I need me some PIE!

I'd be happy if I could at least run 2 of them in a fire deck.

14. Faust

Better Buff Priets of Fury to support him !

15. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

As I've said in every other Akakios thread ever, he needs to be either a capable melee champ or a capable turret. He's neither right now.

If priests of fury weren't complete trash he'd be playable though.

16. Faust

Exactly, we better focus on buffing POF's insted of Akakios himself.

17. Noware13

Noware13 I need me some PIE!

Even at 90 nora with revere they're alright in a fire deck. The 2 nora per fire damage adds up quick I just hate that I can only have 1 Akakios!

18. themacca

Well frankly putting something like boost on a champion thats meant to be a super strong champ seems silly as that would be a massive knock to what he can do on the field himself and would make it way harder to justify deploying him at +80 nora

Except making priest of fury good for a revere akakios deck is kind of pointless when akakios himself still sucks.

Well that's the point of this thread to make him a more viable champion, feel free to throw up some suggestions for priest of fury while we're at it.

personally i would say he's frankly lucky to not be a hero (kind of) so take what you can get there mate.

19. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I've run that deck a lot and it just straight up loses to anything even remotely tempo based. 90+ nora for a 5 range champ that squishy i jut too game losey unless you have an already developed board. But if you have a developed board, you've already survived the biggest weakness of the deck, so there's not much point to the combo at that point.

It's the type of combo that only ever really helps you when you're already ahead, which doesn't really translate to a competitive rune at high ranks.

20. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

That description reminds me of a few "win more" runes in HS.