Infinite loop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capitulator, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

If a blinded champion with riposte attacks another blinded champion with riposte, what happens?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It probably snaps the game. The real question is, can you use this in-game to force a stale-mate and thus make the best Shahrazad deck of all time?

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That's actually easy to test with bok guardian and eye for an eye.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Usually with things like Counterattack: Melee both champions get to use their ability once per attack. I'd assume Champion A (Blinded champion with Riposte), attacking Champion B (another blinded champion with Riposte) would trigger Champion B's free attack. Champion B's free attack would trigger Champion A's free attack. After this nothing probably would happen. There's nothing like testing it out to be sure!

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The only way to trigger Counterattack is with a succesful attack, so not possible.. i think

I remember a time when you could go 1v1 with aspects of violence vs aspect of violence and they would hit each other and heal until one reaches like 50dmg and one-hit the other.

poinl and Goyo like this.
  6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

But he is talking about riposte, that is triggered by an Unsucceful atack.

Capitulator likes this.
  7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I would like to point out that the fact that Pox has gone on as long as it has with as much power and complexity creep as it has and there hasn't been a single true infinite combo is rather impressive. Although maybe that's a testament to the small player base.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Uh, do you know about the Pearls/Link/Recall/Hurry deal? That still works, even.

9. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Most abilities trigger just once and are not re-triggered by any ability, even though it should result in an endless loop according to the descripton.
    Just think of Fire Volatility, two ranged Champions with Righteous Deflection, etc. -- they all trigger once per opponent and do not result in an infinite loop.

Anima26, themacca and Capitulator like this.
  10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

STOOOOOP

11. Capitulator

I thought that might just be that they're poorly worded. Like Cleave should also keep triggering itself so long as there are at least two adjacent enemies.

So I guess they must check that some (ancestor) source of a trigger can't be itself. A bit of a let down, but does make sense.

iPox likes this.
  12. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I don't know what any of those do.

13. Capitulator

Nora Pearls (relic): give 50% of spell cost to opponent as nora.
    Nora Link (ability): when a relic etc. generates nora the opponent gets an equal amount
    Recall/Hurry: both reduce spell cooldowns so you can cast them again and again

Take two nora pearls I guess (I never knew they stacked). Plus a centaur regulator and the required spells. Cast forever, probably with a unit with Adaptive: KF.

14. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Ipox's deck was actually a KF/SL deck with Infestor providing the Nora Pearls effect. He then cast Energy Overload once the opponent had tons of nora to instakill their shrine.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It had to be SL with Infestors, because Nora Link will not duplicate nora from a Nora Pearls effect if the sources of both effects have the same controller. If there was a way to donate relics in FS or KF, it could still be done with the old split. This is also why the Link Storm deck needed at minimum one turn of setup, in order to allow Sleeper Agent to proc and transfer control.

Capitulator likes this.