Kalasle's FF Tier List -- PS4 -- 8/30/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Apr 4, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It probably isn't, after the changes. If noone puts forward a serious list, I might strike it.

As a split BG, they unfortunately don't fit in here. Covering split BGs would be great, but see all the earlier posts about why that would be a nightmare to actually write. As a potshot guess though, tier 2 or maybe tier 1.5 if they had tuning. Plenty of versatility, but a glaring weakness to flat stats; they want to do fancy stuff on an even field, and will crumble if the opponent opens the floodgates on bullshit lake.

IronStylus likes this.
  2. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

moga are pretty bad in this meta. They autolose vs frost amp, dragons, and FW, which are all very common atm.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Added Maljara splits, because they are special.

Karamasov likes this.
  4. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

What would be FW GS? I mean, can anyone show me an example?

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Could have summed up your post in 3 words: GS is OP

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ask around on the FS forums. Just jam a bunch of good FS runes into a battle group and try to cover as many strategic options as possible.

Disagree, goodstuff decks just easily become tier 1 because of how Pox works. Tier 1 doesn't mean anything is too strong: there will always be tier 1 decks. It's a relative grading scale.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

*FW

:)

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, right, thanks. Yeah, don't ask around FS forums for FW suggestions. That probably wouldn't work so well.

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

They would straight firk you up!

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Go look at @TeaScholar's thread in the FW forums. I think it's called "Stuff"

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yeah people have shared a whole load of FW deck lists in that thread. Good thread for FW players to check out.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Going to be updating this, and potentially restructuring it. Basically, I think so many decks fit into the 1.5 general area -- and it's really easy to build 1.5 decks -- that I will break it down by DTBs, other tier 1s, rogues, and then trash tier (tier 2 or lower), so you can assume everything else is tier 1.5. Also, instead of splitting it up by faction, it will be ranked purely by tier.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Was literally about to ask what was up with all the necros lately. Then I saw it wasn't who I thought it was, and it was simply the OP updating his thread.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, intro post updated. I've stripped down the formatting and removed the little explanations -- this will make the thread easier to update and read.

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

You think psychics are stronger than semi-aquatics and salaman?

16. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Draksars ?

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Psychics are certainly more consistent. I'm still not sold on Salaman being a tier 1 deck. They have potential, but I have yet to see a consistent underlying approach that marries their strategic and tactical realities -- in the matches I've watched, it feels like the Salaman player is just dropping a couple ingenuity champs and then winging it. Strong, but erratic. As for Semis, I think they are strong, but I haven't seen enough of them lately to provide a definitive statement. Psychics are strong and simpler.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Well said.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Left off the lists, hence, tier 1.5

20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. I find your argument compelling and mostly agree with your statement for salaman. It is why I have drifted back from them to FS Junk. That being said I think semi-aquatics are just as good, if not better than FS Psychics and FS Junk both from a consistenct perspective and in raw power. @Cydna plays them a lot (it is his only FS bg), and I am willing to be that he will back me up on that.