Theme Deck pricing???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by v505bx, Apr 6, 2014.

1. v505bx

v505bx Well-Known Member

25 USD for one theme deck? I remembered during SOE these were only 7-12 USD at the most what's with the price hike?

2. crisian

crisian Member

1000 gold gets you pretty awesome decks...

3. v505bx

v505bx Well-Known Member

Which are mediocre at best, compared to Theme Decks... Which used to cost 7-12 USD. Why is it now 25 USD to buy one? Even the Theme Deck Cards are Solid at best. One Theme Deck 2500 Credit for 25 USD. I commend them for having the Price of Single packs at 1.95 USD, when back then it was 3.00 USD per pack, but buy having themed decks cost 25 USD which content's are fairly common on off-site trading is simply crud.

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

You were thinking of the Sample Starters I believe. The Theme deck prices if I recall correctly haven't significantly changed, but I could be mistaken.

6. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I did check with the Elven Valor theme deck earlier, and if going by current Pox Box prices, it came out pretty close to what buying boxes for the same money would get you. In fact, depending on your luck the theme decks could easily be the better deal.

The cost of acquiring rare runes is pretty high with the current drop rates. Just think about it... One $20 box buys you a 40% chance of receiving a random Legendary. A theme deck comes with several Legendaries, which aren't bad either (and which would be even more expensive, if they wouldn't be available in theme decks...).

7. v505bx

v505bx Well-Known Member

But before the new developer overhaul, these decks (Eleven Valor, Savagery. etc.) were merely 7-12 USD now they are more than twice as expensive as they once were during the Endless Wonder Expansions (The expansion That I took a Hiatus on). Has the Trade Sharks manipulated the Static SOE Prices, if so then the play wall for the newer fans would only deter them from even trying the game, which was some of the same problem when Sokolov was still the developer.

8. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Things have changed so much, it's really hard to compare before and after. Legendaries weren't available from standard packs (AFAIK), so their price was probably less connected to the price of boxes. And while things may have become more expensive overall, gold also seems to be more valuable so you have to buy less. I think there's still a lot of room for improvement, but the point is that it's a completely new setup with new rules.