Discussion: Preview Video Expansion 27 & Weekend Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Just don't make it like dark tooth rifle that equipment gets all the hate seriously

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Its generally a mix of internal artists and external. We've stayed in touch with former Pox Artists so you may recognize a familiar name.

As for your other question, that is part of the mystery. Got to have some ambiguity for all of you to speculate ;)

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I wonder if any artists play the games they contribute to.

4. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

To be honest, the art is what drew me to Pox and what keeps me here. I still like playing the game, but love the art and the sprites. This video was very nicely done! The artwork was amazing and love the transitional artwork as well. Now all we need is a professional narrator. No knock on you, Sok, but just thinking of ways to improve :p

19madfox95 likes this.
  5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Nice ranked change; it may lead to a big lump of players right around the barrier between the 'last league where you lose less that you gain, per victory' and the 'league where you start losing as much as you win'. Not sure if that even is a problem though.

I like the ST spell from the preview, and the art for the Hyaenid and Mino.

6. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

You can actualy kick the heads that the zombie throws?

*gasp*

[​IMG]

Anima26, Lushiris and DarkJello like this.
  7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I do have one question, regarding the ranked changes: assuming there are players who only play single player and never check out ranked nor the forums, how would such players find out about the ranked change encouraging them to play it? (Question may be silly, idk.)

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Seriously SOK when will we finally get Amereth/Resurrected Amereth/Spirit of Amereth?
    I'm sure Xirone will agree with me on this

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I hope so, it means people are playing the game! :D

Sirius likes this.
  10. Sokolov

We will have something in the launchpad. And you will see progress when you finish a ranked game (and since the first leagues reward you even for losing, you should notice it if you even just play 1 game).

Sirius likes this.
  11. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

well the subtitles were funny

P.D Expansion of cancer LOL

12. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Love this kind of preview!

13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

So from a source im not going to name (but i mean come on we all know who it is and i feel like the sp stuff should at least be run past me), that hyaenid dude is going to be a problem. Youre putting an op ability on a terrible terrible champ. Maybe you think that it will balance out, but it wont, and hes either going to suck or be nerfcried.

How large is the range on that IS relic kill spell? Because that thing could single handedly destroy SP's only source of cleanse.

I predict problems with the draketooth rifle guy unless he is just horrible on his own. Throwing a free 14 damage 8 range attack on a support champ seems like it could be crazy bad to play against if they didnt have to "pay" for it and use up a slot.

Idk, im just on the fence about the things i listed. Except for the hyaenid, hes just a bad idea
    @Sokolov

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

To elaborate on what Ballballer is loosely saying about the Hyaenid: generating extra DMG is much easier than generating extra HP. Therefore, a unit which gains large amounts of effective AP can more easily swing in power than a unit which has a large amount of DMG. When designing this rune, it's important to consider that it could get as much as +5 or +6 DMG fairly easily, and account for that in same way within the design.

Not worried about the Drakkie or the IS spell.

15. Ballballer

Theyve made its stats terrible, to the point where it would only really be good if used with havocs touch or something. Itll die if you sneeze on it, so its a one trick pony that is inevitably going to create rage and cant really stand on its own

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

On second thought, I really like this rune.

17. Ballballer

Cant tell if serious

18. Sokolov

That describes a lot of runes.

It's spell range? What do you mean "range?" There are a number of spell based relic destruction already, are they a problem for SP's source of cleanse?

It's an equipment that doesn't see much use, which will cost this champion nora as an ability up front, and is not a permanent effect.

The champ is also pretty much basic support only so there's that (I mean, it's going to have at least 25 nora locked up in one ability).

~

Re: Hyaenid

The tradeoff for not using AP to deal damage is that he has a hard time doing it on his own. So to get the most out of him, yea, you have to combo it with other runes. So it's absolutely true that it's not intended to stand on its own - which I don't see as a bad thing particularly. Some runes do it on their own while others excel in particular builds and situations - seems that's what makes a game like this interesting.

Yea, Hyaenid might be problematic, but I'd rather make interesting abilities and effects instead of making boring stuff all the time being scared it might be overpowered.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Pedeguerra, Tweek516 and kalasle like this.
  19. Ballballer

20. Sokolov

Holy Light is the spell's name and it is currently 45 nora and the blast is AE3.