Massacres in Paris: Nov 13th, 2015

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

if they are called terrorist and their goal is to terrorize, why does the media always portray the people and the country they attack as scared and terrified? Even the president of france says the country is scared, makes the terrorist look strong and france weak.

france is a rich country of like 70 million people and an advanced millitary and anti terrorism forces. Wtf are they acting so weak for? Looks so bad... france is really living up to their reputation, maybe thats why the terrorist targeted them in the first place smh...

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

In case you haven't noticed the media spends 80% of its time trying to scare the general public and terrorist attacks are by far the easiest way for them to do that so of course they do that.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pretty much this. Media thrives on ratings and fear is a powerful tool to force people to tune in.

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Many reports are bouncing all around the web. Here are a few:

http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-claims-responsibility-paris-attacks-105251415.html

http://news.yahoo.com/syrias-assad-paris-attacks-result-french-policy-115442310.html

I read a few articles by weak kneed ball baby types last night, but I don't want to focus too much attention on those "journalists" that immediately started complaining about "racism" and "xenophobia" and islamophobia" while more than 100 French cadavers cooled down under clean sheets. Appeasement is not the solution. Dropping more bombs is NOT the solution either. I hope and pray for less violence and more speaking truth to power. "Shame the devil" FTW.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Seems to me that every act of terrorism furthers the divide between the two camps. It's not about "looking weak and being scared", it introduces strife on a global level and it's pretty effective at that.

Anyway that's how I see it.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

stop misusing that word you Firker.

Its fine that you want to grow as a person and in character and develop understanding of the world but your use of the word evolve is both wrong and arrogant and it annoys me.

THAT is what I am talking about, you being a giant arrogant ******-nozzle in your choice of words. you can keep trying to always make everything about guns but it's slightly less annoying.

EDIT: ******-nozzle isn't censored, that makes sense in some languages but ****** is pretty specific for english I thought/ ah wait there we go, ******-nozzle? lets go wht that changing errything to that.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  8. DarkJello

By their fruits ye shall know them.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/evolve

Derail attempt detected. Not gonna fall for it. Peace out.

9. DarkJello

The plot thickens:

http://www.infowars.com/report-paris-attacker-was-syrian-refugee-who-arrived-in-greece-last-month/

Beyond NOT surprised!

Just one example of a changed world after so many barbaric acts:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/1...ys.html?_r=0&referer=http://drudgereport.com/

Edit:

I will watch the Dem debate tonight, since the topic is not gonna be the usual free goodies to buy votes and "moral superiority". Repubs buy votes in different ways too. Hoping substantive points will be made in abundance.

10. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Media also report that thousands of tourists and citizens in and all around Paris are donating blood right now for the surviving victims of this horrible attack.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. DarkJello

Very, very glad to hear. Great humans always rise to the challenge.

Love your avatar!! Peace ain't our fate in the short term, but we must start with hope and then push for it to become reality sooner than later.

Link up some positive articles as able, please.

iPox likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Devastating few days all over the world. Praying for victims in Paris, Beirut, Baghdad, and anywhere else where desperate violence claims the lives of innocents. Hoping that one day we will see peace.

Anima26 and DarkJello like this.
  14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Yes and no. It's complicated

DarkJello likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

#justfacebookthings

DarkJello and PurpleTop like this.
  16. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Lol

It's more along the lines of we provide exports and account for imports, and we even sell them military aircraft and seacraft. However we do not and will not be putting any form of artillery on said machines, as to not "support any foreign attack due to future conflict"

17. DarkJello

It sends me to a definition of "evolve."

You are grasping at straws with the ad hominem. Have a bright day.

18. DarkJello

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

wich is not what you are doing, you are not a PokéMon, you as an individual do not evolve. you are only using that word because you want to give off an air of being more advanced or having a more complex understanding of the world, you are implying you are better than others. wich is why you are evading "ueh , it takes me to the definition of evolve, ah hur hur" - DarkJello not realizing the definition of evolve does not corelate to his usage

it is annoying, it is transparent, it is what you need to stop doing.

hello pot, Mr Kettle called , he says you are african-american.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty