Fairy Anthomancer (KF Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Fairy Anthomancer
    Race: Fairy, Plant | Class: Wizard | Size: Small | Rarity: Rare
    Artwork: A male fairy with large leafy wings is attacking a draksar who is cutting down a tree with an axe. The fairy is dressed in wizard robes made from vibrantly colored flowers and vines.
    Flavor-Text: "This flower can be used to make a salve to relieve sore muscles. This orchid over here contains a poison lethal to dragons. And this flower? Who knows what it can do but it certainly is beautiful!" -Dr'd, Fairy Anthomancer
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: 66-72

Champion Stats

DMG: 9 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-5 | DEF: 0 | HP: 42

Champion Abilities

Attack: Poison (-2 Nora)- This unit makes a Poison attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Fairy Flight (1 Nora)- This unit has Flying and 2 ranks of Sentry while it has at least 15 HP. When this unit has less than 15 HP, it gains Defenseless.
    Flower Overload (10 Nora)- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Poisoned for 3 turns. If that champion is already Poisoned, it is equipped with a Shimmering Flower. Equipment generated by this ability costs 0 nora.

Upgrade Path I
    Envenom 1 (4 Nora, DEFAULT)- Target opposing champion within 5 spaces becomes Poisoned for 1 turn and loses 3 AP at the start of their next turn.
    Envenom 2 (5 Nora)- Target opposing champion within 5 spaces becomes Poisoned for 1 turn and loses 4 AP at the start of their next turn. CD: 2, AP: 2

Upgrade Path II
    Pin Down (8 Nora)- This unit makes an attack at RNG 3-5 against target opposing champion. If the target is successfully damaged, the target takes 50% DMG and is Rooted for 2 turns. CD: 3, AP: 1
    Surge: Equipped (3 Nora, DEFAULT)- This unit gets +1 DMG for every equipped champion.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Xirone

Obviously, with Flower Overload, this champion is meant to have synergy with Amareth's Lexicon while working well in dedicated fairy decks and dedicated plant decks. By the way, Toxic Spores, while technically a new ability, uses the coding from Cold Snap and Flower Overload uses the coding from Frost Overload. Overall, this is a champion I'd like to see be made!

Edit: Oh yeah, I thought about adding Anthomancy somewhere on the champ since it thematically would fit but would largely just inflate the cost without aiding the champ very much. I chose to have better stats over adding Anthomancy to base.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Xirone

Withering Fern would probably be too much as a replacement for Shimmering Flower, huh?

4. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

hmm.....maybe not?......if you made it abit harder for him to proc it?....but shimmering flower is pretty good on it's own alr....btw...you said

"Toxic Spores, while technically a new ability, uses the coding from Frost Overload and Flower Overload uses the coding from Frost Overload."

i think you meant cold snap haha

5. Xirone

Edited in, thanks for the catch!

6. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

actually....if he's dealing with poison...shimmering flower may seem abit off......if you are willing to introduce a new eq (it could be a normal equipment as well).

Venomous blossom

at the beginning(or end whichever) of this champions turn, it takes X poison damage. If this champion is poisoned, the damage is increased/doubled/debuff?

7. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

it would be a nice if someone ever planned making poison kf/fs deck with sporegill. i play fairies and if this was in this form id include 2x. why? because it seems efiicient and would have enormous dmg with poison on base and surge equipped (living vines spell, amareth, free shimflowers). i like the concept of shimmering flower, but poisoning on a base attack seems nothing new. 2 new abilities are also too much to develop for a single rune. maybe add devotee of the delim?

8. Xirone

Thanks for the input. I'll replace Toxic Spores (poison version of Cold Snap) with a different debuff. Debuffs seems to add to the tricks fairy decks can have. Envenom seems right to me. I'll swap them! Now you can go for an efficient damage dealer (Poison and Surge: Equipped) or a disabler (Envenom and Pin Down).

9. IronStylus

efficient dmg dealer is what would put fae in a really good spot, but i think i would make them too powerful giving that they already have amareth. what about making it a support that can put shimflowers and got 7 base dmg without surge? this kind of ability synergy looks like an exo rune at least for me. or sandbag it with fluorish/charm/abash. 42 is quite a lot in faes but i like this amount. if it was dmg dealer with surge make it an exo with 37 hp and a sandbag ability. if it was a disabler which i think would be better to the theme, envenom, charm and 42 hp seem like a good combo even tho hes ranged and its thematic!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  10. IronStylus

i did some math and it is 71-78 nora with this build.

Xirone likes this.
  11. Halfgodx1992

Halfgodx1992 New Member

i like that

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Seconded.

13. IronStylus

Hey, poison 1 at upgrades and flower overload doesnt make sense

14. Xirone

Oh yeah, huh? A little oversight. I'll edit Poison 1 out and replace it with Envenom 1.