Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A spell-caster/ability-focused champion with Devour Life, in counter-point to Essence Devourer who is a big pile of stats. Like, something that feeds its great magical strength by gobbling up weaker beings. That would be rad.

Something like this:

0 DMG
    7 SPD
    1 RNG
    2 DEF
    55 HP

Abilities
    Devour Life
    +~65 nora worth of abilities, for a unit that clocks in at about 75.

Here would be my hodge-podge picks. Probably broke AF.
    Hex 2 +7
    Curse 2 +8
    Eradicate +12
    Death Charged 3 +9
    Reconstitute +20
    Teleport 3 +14

Yourmom likes this.
  2. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Worldwalker

Description: "What became of the horse? What became of the rider? Did they dwell then in shadow--or beneath the earth? None who live now remember." -Johnns Talkhier, A History of the Elsari, Page 486
    Artwork: A man in a long cloak with a hood. He sits at the mouth-like opening to a cave (offset right) at the edge of the ring of light emitted by a dim fire. Discernible in the background, among trees and hills, is a waning crescent moon.

Faction: SP/FW
    Race: Human
    Class: Rogue

DMG: 10
    RNG: 1
    SPD: 6
    DEF: 1
    HP: 49

Base:
    Attack: Physical
    Death Harvest

U1: Restraining Aura, Change of Plans, Combat Awareness
    U2: Magical Attack, Council: Spells, Favor

The idea behind this rune is taken from the literary figure of the exile (or wanderer) of old Anglo-Saxon legend. The implication of the description and his somewhat magic-based skillset is that he is a human survivor of the fall of Elsarin kept alive through the use of magic. He wanders the Peaks because his homeland no longer exists, and he prefers a solitary lifestyle. For flavor reasons I'd limit him to 1x in a bg, but I guess for gameplay reasons he could be normal 2x limit if necessary.

His gameplay revolves around Death Harvest. He basically drifts in and out of combat at short to medium range, generally staying back if possible to accrue value over time. He has light support options available like Restraining Aura and Council/Favor which you can forgo for a more combat-oriented build in CA/Magical Attack. I gave him a few more abilities and higher stats than vulture in FW to make him a bit more of an investment, since Death Harvest could potentially pay off well in the Peaks.

3. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

OH BABY. I'll wait till the expansion drops tomorrow so I can see what other new toys I have to work with.

IMAGIRL and Sirius like this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

do u even play

5. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

No, but I didn't really play when I made Ionization either. The game got stale but I still enjoy creating stuff.

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Good idea.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Serpentine Mass
    Race: Beast, Construct | Class: None | Size: Large | Rarity: Exotic | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: An absolutely giant ball of twisted and vicious snakes emerges from the forest of K'thir and enters the Scorched Forest. The snakes, of all colors, contrast greatly with the muted colors of the burnt stumps all around.
    Flavor-Text: "A powerful mage and a beloved snake charmer once lived on the outskirts of K'thir. They lived long and happy lives, blessed by the forest. Tragically, they were both cut down by a rampaging demon. With their final breaths, they made a tandem wish for nature's vengeance. Judging from what I have just seen, it seems their wish has been fulfilled at last!" -Sipn, Master Bard of K'thir
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: Expensive

Champion Stats

DMG: 14 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 1 | HP: 52

Champion Base Abilities

Attack: Physical- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack
    Arrow Eater- When this unit would take damage from a ranged attack, that damage is prevented, and this champion gets a bonus to DMG equal to 25% of the damage that would have been dealt for 2 turns.
    Faithless- This unit has no spell presence.
    Cleave- After this champion makes an attack, it then makes an attack against each other adjacent champion as well.

Upgrade Path I
    Fury- When this unit makes a successful basic attack, it gains +1 DMG.
    Multiattack I- This champion's AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 2 AP.
    Surge: Beast I- This unit has +1 DMG for every friendly Beast.

Upgrade Path II
    Combo Attack: Poison- When this champion makes two successful basic attacks against the same champion in a single turn, that champion becomes Poisoned for 5 turns.
    Lethal Poison- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion gains a stack of Lethal (If a champion gets 4 stacks, it dies) for 10 turns. This ability cannot effect those with Immunity: Poison. This condition can not be cleansed.
    Poison I- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Poisoned for 3 turns.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    dsjtheman, TeaNinja and mortal ix like this.
  8. Xirone

Ospryan Cannibal
    Race: Beast | Class: Brute | Size: Small | Rarity: Uncommon | Faction: K'thir Forest
    Artwork: A savage male Ospryan has been tainted with bloodlust. It is hunched over a disemboweled boghopper, eating some indiscernible organ.
    Flavor-Text: "Beware entering the deep forest, brothers. Alliances mean nothing to the creatures who now dwell there." -Kartch, Finlord.
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: Mid

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 48

Champion Abilities
    Berserk Attack 3- This unit makes a close-combat attack at +4 DMG and becomes Berserked (This unit gets -2 DEF) for 2 turns.
    Brain Eater- When this champion destroys a champion with a different owner, it gains one of its upgraded abilities.
    Exertion 3- This champion loses 8 HP and gains 3 AP. This ability begins on CD.
    Flight- This champion is Flying and has two ranks of Sentry.

Upgrade Path I
    Consume- Target owned adjacent champion is destroyed and this champion is healed for the amount equal to the destroyed champion's current HP. CD: 2, AP: 1
    Logistics: Life Siphon- When you have deployed 3 champions that share a race with it from the runedock, this ability is removed and this champion permanently gains Life Siphon.
    Life Siphon- When this unit attacks and deals damage to a champion, it vampiric heals HP equal to half the damage dealt.

Upgrade Path II
    Precision- This champion's attacks cannot miss.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    TeaNinja and poinl like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this thread is a great idea. release the expansion please, its the 18th.

Xirone likes this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Name: Boghopper Band

Rarity: rare at Max

Race: Boghopper

Class: Bard

Stats: DMG: 12 SPD:6 DEF: 0 HP: 40 RNG: 3-6 (may be too expensive, perhaps 4-5)

Base abilities
    Attack: Sonic
    Dissipate
    Inspire
    Battle Hymn

Path 1:
    Boost
    Soothing serenade
    Cleanse

Path 2:
    Sonic surge
    Sonic aura (rank 3)
    Sustain: Regen 2

The idea of this champ is to solve the main weakness of hoppers - low stats. It does this through inspire and boost.

Battle hymn also gives some powerturn potential (although may be too strong with stampede).

Mostly a support champ that has some ways to deal damage even after uses of inspire.

I'd want cost around 70 perhaps?

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Xirone

As a note, it is intended that this champion does not have a basic attack. The only way it can attack is with Berserk Attack which lowers its DEF with each use.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I believe this was @Xirone or @Gorebucket who came up with the idea of this guy, but couldn't find their post so here's my take on it:

Name:
    Rarity: rare or below
    Race: treefolk Class: brute
    Flavour: I'm glad to know when I fall my ashes will fuel kthir

Stats: DMG: 8 Speed: 5 DEF: 1 HP: 45 RNG: 1

Base abilities:
    Attack physical
    Death Nova: fire (rank 2)
    Transfer Life (rank 1)
    Vulnerability: Fire

Upgrade Path 1:
    Inspire
    Perseverance
    Grace of the dead (rank 2)

Upgrade Path 2:
    Weighty
    Short lived (rank 2)
    Lethargic

Nora cost: Very low

This is meant to be a cheap ajd expendable champ for the delim theme, it buffs a few allies, heals a bit, perhaps is a target for flame siphon and then you sac it (hopefully hurting some enemies).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  13. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

placeholder for a UD champ with enemy relocation and fire synergy. The idea is to get more out of trail fire wall.

Upgrade paths to choose pull (hook + fascinate) or push (slam, explosive attack + repulsion)

maybe an Architect of Fire. Race is not important as fire does not really rely on race synergism, so maybe a general ability as motivate.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Race: undead, skeleton, vampyre

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

All I can think of is a skeleton with a big sac of blood inside of its ribcage.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Aurora Seeker
    Race: Elf
    Class: Paladin
    Nora Cost: 74
    Damage: 10
    Speed: 7
    Range: 1
    Defense: 1
    HP: 46

Abilities
    Attack: Physical (2 Nora)
    Lightseeker (8 Nora)
    Illuminating Burst (Aurora Banner Ability) (4 Nora)

Upgrade 1: Initiative 1 (Base), Initiative 2 (+3), Reinforcement 2 (10)
    Upgrade 2: Blinding (Base), Solar Flare (+2), Dazzling (+9)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Serpentor Vehemence
    Nora Cost: 74
    Damage: 12
    Range: 1
    Speed: 6
    Defense: 2
    HP: 52

Abilities
    Attack Fire (+2)
    Unstoppable (+3)
    Unequippable (-5)
    Cull (+8)
    Throw Javelin (+5)

Upgrade 1: Regen 1 (-2), Regen 2 (Base), Regen 3(+2) BORING
    Upgrade 2: Scrapper (+1), Multiattack 1 (Base), Punish (-2)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  17. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

G'hern Gravity Core

Faction: Shattered Peaks
    Race: G'hern/Elemental
    2x2

Artwork: A massive G'hern with crystals growing from its body. The ground is shattering around it.
    Flavor Text: He ate his enemies, his army of Moga, other G'herns army of Mogas, other Ghern, rocks, ores and mountains. We will lose our people, resources and land if not stopped.

Abilities

Attack: Physical
    Consume
    Destabilizing Luminesence
    Planar Bound

Upgrade Path 1:

Gravity Well
    Seism
    Tectonic Pulse

Upgrade Path 2:

Nora Gem
    Overseer: Moga (Rank 3)
    Reflection (Rank 3)

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Look at bone guard infantry. Tell me that's not a vampyre skeleton.

One complaint I've heard about some themes is that they lack units with this or that role. Simply creating combo races could give players more options without having to design specific runes necessarily. Simply adding another race to some runes might be enough to unshoebox them. And it's fun to make hybrid decks between two themes. Adds more variety. Combo race units help facilitate those hybrid builds.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I know you are talking about old runes, and I think there are some things we can do there for sure. But I did want to mention that "hybrid decks" is the premise behind some of the multi-race/class combinations of 28, actually.

Sirius likes this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov please remove revel of misery from draco-lich and give him regen or some other useful ability. revel sucks and makes him suck. also buff lichling and the hexer lich and increase their cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.