The Poxnora Spotlight: Karmavore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, Nov 18, 2015.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    Full list: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/the-poxnora-spotlight-archive-and-requestlist.5591/

Today's interview is with @Karmavore, the KF council member.

What is your name or nick name in real life?
    I have a few I suppose, on various drunken stupors throughout teenage years I acquired some pretty racy ones. Usually my friends call me P-rod which was short for Paul Rodriguez, he's a famous skateboarder. Apparently all my friends are racist and believe I look like him cause I'm spanish.... I've also responded to the following just because my friends think they're clever, Juan Pablo Montoyez, Juan, and finally brown guy. Oh yeah real name is Brandon King.
    What is the origin of your game/forum name(s):
    There was a local vegan store in Vancouver, Canada I used to shop at a lot and it was called Karmavore; kinda stuck with me and i've used it for just about every game i've played since. My original handle before i got my name change was, Hydruh123 if anyone remembers that, I know Caine would, but he no longer plays.
    Are you vegan?
    I'm not; I just enjoyed a lot of their products; and the staff was super friendly. Always enjoyed supporting local stores, but they went out of business. :(
    Where are you from and where do you live currently?
    Born in Golden, British Columbia, Canada. Lived in Vancouver most of my life, and I'm in Alberta, Canada now.
    A Canadian Spaniard. That's an interesting combination. Do you know how your family came to be in Canada?
    I have no idea to be totally honest; my family is very distant. It's always something that's made me curious. But there's little I can do to track down all that info. I'm also French/Irish on my dads side.
    What do you do for a living, and do you enjoy it?
    Right now I'm a foreman for Those Guys, Demolition. I enjoy almost every aspect of my job, except for telling people what to do, I'm generally pretty easy going, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty I get people to get stuff done, and that's all that matters and the end of each and every day, we did our jobs to the best of our abilities. Plus who dosent love smashing **** for money!?
    How old are you?
    I'm 22, with a 60's soul, can't you tell? Karmavore N' such OMNOMNOMNOM. Free love, etc etc.
    How did you come across Pox Nora?
    A banner add on Kongregate.com years and years ago, I think I was in grade 9 at the time.
    Which tower defense game were you playing when you saw the banner?
    Balloon Defense! I was really fond of those games back then; but then I seen this badass banner add, and i've been hooked ever since!
    How long have you played?
    Since the SP expansion; I started just shortly after that.
    That's the same time I started. What did you play when you first started?
    I played SP right out the gate; I loved the old moga loading screens and enjoyed the surge-esque style of play they seem to have had. Those where the glory days.
    What is your favorite faction and why?
    I've liked a lot of factions over the years; I've been most active with KF however, I'm almost at 20k faction points now.. (jeez...)..It's just always been my favorite faction old school kick ass elves; badass bears with mallets, Centuars..What's not to love. I remember watching players like TheRed, Thelevy, Scrampy dominate with K'thir, plus everyone hate the play style and found it very annoying, so naturally I was drawn to pissing people off... LOL. and I couldn't help but want to do the same, over the years I've just grown more fond of the faction with each release, and now that I'm apart of the council I get a voice in the overall production of K'thir units; which is the ultimate in game satisfaction for me.
    What do you think of the push to change the KF faction bonus?
    I think it's warranted; I mean KFs bonus is pretty powerful. AP cap+ spd is deadly; and kf's threat range is a ***** to overcome in some cases. But I think changing kf's bonus has to be done with care and precaution; it's a very fragile faction and changing the fundamental way they've played since it's inception is a pretty big undertaking. One wrong change and the faction will crumble.
    But that may be the zealot in me talking.
    Favorite part of Pox Nora and why?
    Definitely being on the council right now, I used to devote a lot of my time to making BG threads and videos for K'thir forums, butI just don't have a lot of time between wanting to play and council work. I wish Id just stop procrastinating to keep it fresh and up to date, but I'm selfish at times and above all a terrible human being... ^^.. So yeah, being on the council right now is tops for me. AND of course, I love co-running Rorscach's guild EYE, it's a great group of veteran players and newbies alike. Those three things keep me around 100%.
    If there was one thing you could change about how the Council works, what would it be?
    If all my ideas where implemented! .. But seriously speaking; I think it's a great system as is. I wouldn't change a thing!
    What is the first rune you remember seeing and immediately wanting to have one?
    The first time I ever saw TheRed deploy Grimlic of K'thir was the day I vowed to own one and be just like him, I feel I'm almost there.. MEDIUMALLTIME. But as I said Elven Fury was a staple for me back then, and was in basically every BG I created even if she didn't fit. What's not to love? Classic sword and shield combo, with some armor'd up tatas. Clllaaaassic.
    What is your best tip to give to new players?
    Play the game! It took me 5-6 years to even get to this level of play, and even then I'm not that great over-all. But understanding where/why you made mistakes in deploys/positioning/spending nora is crucial to becoming successful in a competitive manor. The more you play the game, the more rune knowledge you'll aqquire, and it'll aid you in making those crucial decisions that make or break each game. So don't give up even if you've lost a billion games in a row, we've all been there. If you really do enjoy this game, you'll keep pushing.
    Is there a rune that you feel isn't utilized as much as it could be?
    KF's spell Sabotage; this spell has won me a lot of games, and while it's not in every BG I think it has enough strength to warrant some play in K'thir BGs.
    I didn't even recognize the spell. Are there enough relics in use now that you think its worth while, or is it more to counter FW?
    Yeah there are a lot if interesting scenarios where it's extremely viable. You start to notice more and more when you can use it effectively; mid font pushes can be eliminated if they're just in reach to drop a relic and realize this fact. Or if they're about to deploy something crucial. At least I feel that way anyways; there are times when it's wasted; but for the most part it's worth the include.
    Besides Poxnora, do you have any additional hobbies?
    I've played soccer basically all my life, every chance i get when the weather is nice I'm out on the field. Beyond that, spending quality time with my family & friends is as good a time waster as any. Oh and ladies, love the ladies.. Honorable mention to Hennessy, and Marijuana.
    I suppose those are appropriate, you are college age. I haven't had Hennessy since. What is the weather like in Alberta? Is it like Minnesota where you get three hot muggy months, then the rest is cool or cold?
    Alberta right now is phenomenal; nice summer-ish weather. But once the winter comes I'll most likely bust out my ugly Christmas sweater collection, which is awesome for me cause I have well over 700$ worth of those bad boys. The weather is much the same; we have two seasons out here. Summer/Winter; about 7 months of winter and then sun/rain in the in between months. Hennessy is my favorite type of liqour; rather expensive in Canada. But you can't put a price on happiness. Especially if it's contained in a bottle.
    Is there anything else about yourself that you would like to share with the community?
    Can't think of anything worth reading, but I will say this One of my favorite quotes, ever.. In the words of Will Farrell, ELE my friends, ELE... EVERYONE LOVE EVERYONE, karmavore out. Thanks for reading and such.

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Vive La K'thir!! Nice interview. Kudos to Karmavore.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

What he said. :)

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

What I got from this interview is that now I can call Karma "Mediumalltime" without feeling bad about it. :D:D:D

DarkJello, Karmavore and Qucas like this.
  5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'll post. Haven't been on at all really.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Thanks for doing this darklord! :)

IMAGIRL likes this.
  7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Thank you for volunteering. I tried to time the post with the server downtime so people would have more to do on the forums. I wasn't sure if you would be around to respond yet or not.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Halfgodx1992

Halfgodx1992 New Member

10. DarkJello

Gonna start posting pics of veggies in the forums, as a salute to Karmavore. ;)

[​IMG]

Karmavore likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

New nickname Medium Montoyez.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. DarkJello

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoyez. You killed my garden, prepare to die!"

Karmavore and profhulk like this.
  13. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I really enjoyed this. Hope it keeps up. I haven't been able to play a lot, so my nightly forum views make me happy to see these cool neat ideas being created.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Good read. I used to do something similar to this in my work newsletter I used to put out many years ago. Nice job, and well met Karmavore! Miss your videos in KF.

15. DarkJello

[​IMG]

Only Karmavore has the skillz to investigate this crime, and bring the culprit to justice!

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

[​IMG]
    Karmavore AKA Darth Vegan

DarkJello likes this.