FF Vampyres might be a thing...

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by MakarovJAC, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

So, based on some ideas from the previous thread on Vamps made by Makorov (totally not me with a totally originally named Alt. Seriously, stop telling me that I'm that guy), I decided to give it a try outside of the combo party that is Split vamps.

Here's the current BG I'm using to test:

https://poxbase.com/deck/cwdCjKC74Cd4caoctUcgcoOclVcowcgtC76co5c1ls8Zs4Isgs2_R3oR3lr2Nr29r8e2B

Skeleton summons and Vampyres + Witch DMZ. Cloack of Skulls with any one of the ethereal Vamps will play a nice trick by summoning another champ while the other guy is resting in the immaterium. Well, Blood Banshee have spiffing synergy with DMZ, and Defiling Aura + Dark Seductress + Blood Tracker makes a killer combination. More importantly, Crypt Guardian helps like crazy by relocating Blood Crest whenever convenient. I'm trying things out. It might be as playable as Split Vamps.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I've actually been playing a FF vamp BG for a while now. It's nowhere near as bad as people claim. Archfiends are still one of the best melee beaters in the game and having more blood magic than you do in splits=super healing for him. Elsari Tomb raiders as well are super good here too as they can pay off their mercenary via Ransacking your inevitable blood crest deploys once they've outlived their usefulness. then its just typical Vampyres stuff for the rest and FW staple spells afterwards

3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

While macca swears on his mum that archfiend and tomb raider are the MVPs, I'm consistently betting my vote on Broken Bones as the top player in the game right now. We might as well be talking about sports

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Something something lebron james. Shut up loser something something kobe bryant.

Am i doing it right?

TeaScholar likes this.
  5. MakarovJAC

Something something Leonel Messi. Keylor Navas something something GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!11!!!111111!

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I'm telling ya, skeleton vampires need to be a thing.

Ever see a vamp movie where some fool pulls the stake out of a vampires skeleton? So there ya go, there's a lore foundation for it.

7. MakarovJAC

Actually, Warhammer Fantasy lore has this thing where Vampires control legions of undead. The most prominent of them are Skeletons skeletons.

Ragic likes this.
  8. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Vamypre/Liches are your guys.

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I see liches as undead wizards. And there are warrior and wizard type vampyres so I'm not opposed to that combo at all.

I think though if you add a race to an existing unit the artwork should at least be consistent with the established look of that race (or be modified to be consistent if possible).

To make something a vampyre is easy enough. Just add fangs or maybe bat wings. Do liches have a unifying physical characteristic? Dark grey skin?

10. MakarovJAC

Forget about Vampyres. These las 2 spells given to the Prot twats literally F***ED Vampyres real up in the A*S.