De'lim tips

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Atherhog, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I really want to put together a De'lim deck.

Any tips on key includes and tough tactics?

Thanks for any help guys :)

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

When you play de'lim youre playing the long game, so don't be afraid to back off a ton - this theme will outscale foul rite bgs and can snowball easily

Gorebucket likes this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

1) Gnarlwood Lifegiver is your healing friend. When his HP gets low, use Sacrifice of De'lim on him to recoup some of his already low cost.
    2) Overgrowth cast on Sporegill can be the source of many summoned Saplings.
    3) Fanatical Devotee's cheapest build, with Impatient and Drain, is actually quite strong. Impatient damages the champion if it doesn't attack but accrues AP when a close friendly champion attacks. With many Saplings out, the Fanatical Devotee can make a lot of AP and Drain for heals.
    4) Outcast of the Flame and Flamemage of the Circle both have Cleansing Flame which can really help against things like Righteous Deflection and whatnot.
    5) Outcast of the Flame's Flame Siphon gives you 14 nora when used on a Sapling since the damage is increased due to Vulnerability: Fire.
    6) Elven Treecaller has Boost and Race: Elf, Plant, Treefolk which means she can give +5 HP to friendly Plants and Elves. For this reason, Honor Coin is particularly effective on her since she gains Commander with the equip.
    7) Enforcer of the Circle just became a Devotee and so it can become quite tanky after if heals and gains +MAX HP from a few dead real Treefolk.
    8) Greenhouse is a useful on-demand relic for creating real Saplings. Paired with Flame Siphon to reduce the cost, these sacrificial Saplings can really boost your Devotees well.

Gnomes, Osidan, DarkJello and 2 others like this.
  4. Tweek516

Eh not sure if greenhouse is worth it anymore, you don't get the nora discount when sacrificing and have a ton of ways to gen saplings

I actually run vinetouch, it means all your champs are possible sac targets and can punish your opponent for leaving something on low hp

Xirone likes this.
  5. Tweek516

And you dont get the discount when saccing lifegiver:(

6. Xirone

Dang, Lifegiver is now under 50 nora so it doesn't work anymore. When it had Nature's Blessing it was over 50 nora and worked. Oh well, the Lifegiver got cheaper.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    DarkJello likes this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

All aboard the De'lim bandwagon! Gonna show Moga how it's done.

Gnomes likes this.
  8. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Can we beg them to put Seeker of the Source back to 1-2 range?

9. Xirone

Seeker of the Source: RNG changed from 2-4 to 1-2. Lavawalker removed from base (-6 Nora). Fire Eater added to base (+8 Nora). Upgrade Path 1 changed from Detection 1/2/3 to Deflect: Fire, Reclaim Relic, Seism.

Tweek516 and DarkJello like this.
  10. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

That looks pretty darn good.

I'd also like a change to the Wood Marshal.

Flame Armor is such a sand bag.
    With 7 spd (FF), and 2 other AP using abilities, when do you have time to spend 2 AP on Flame Armor. Even if you do, with 1-3 range your not really looking at being in melee that much, and Damage Shield: Fire does not apply on ranged attacks.

Eagle Form looks better, but once again you are paying nora for 1-3 range only to drop that range to switch to melee, for 2 mora nora than Flame Armor, and for 2 AP you rarely can afford.

His upgrades don't fit together very well.
    - Flame Armor makes you think he's meant to tank, but 44 HP, 1 Def and 1-3 range says otherwise.
    - He's full of support abilities, that make him want to hang back.

It is silly, but he'd be soo much better if his Path 1 was this: Upgrade Path 1: (nothing) (-x nora for Losing Flame Armor).

More realistically:

RNG changed to 2 - 4 (nora reduction?)
    Sacrifice to De'lim added to Base (+4 nora)
    Upgrade 1: Eagle Form, Forest Lerper Form, Tree Form (Assuming it isn't a Treecaller only ability)
    Upgrade 2: Damage Shield: Fire 3, Set Ablaze, Domain: Vegetation

With these changes, the Druidy Forms actually work with his range, since he can shift in melee.
    - Eagle gives Flying and Detection
    - Lerper gives Pounce and Rend (more damage dealer build)
    - Tree Form gives Defense, HP and Boost Treefolk for a more Tanky Build.

His 2nd upgrade line might seem a bit odd, but I wanted to keep the general feel of the rune the same. Damage Shield: Fire works in all of his Forms since he is Melee. Set Blaze gives him a more Support feel, and Domain: Vegetation if you'd rather run him in a Tree Deck.

11. Izha

Izha The King of Potatoes

How are you running them after all these changes/additions? Any examples of BGs?

12. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I would love to see some examples as a friend of mine really wants to play them

DarkJello likes this.
  13. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-11-21_18-51-6.png

Here's one I put together as a highlander option. It's not ideal, but it can be fun.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

KF - Devotees of Delim

Delim Champs:

2x Wood Marshal
    2x Fanatical Devotee
    2x Seeker of the Source
    2x Outcast of the Flame
    1x Warden of the Path
    1x Enforcer of the Circle

Other Champs:
    2x Wood Elemental
    1x Tireless Harvester
    1x Elven Treecaller
    1x Gnarlwood Lifegiver
    1x Woodchuck

Spells:
    1x Overgrowth
    1x Lash Down
    1x Fan Faire
    1x Nature's Wrath
    1x Carniverous Vines
    1x Reclaim

Relics:
    2x Greenhouse
    1x Banner
    1x Catharisis Bloom
    1x Cleansing Emerald

Equipment:
    1x Covenant
    1x Withering Fern
    1x Honor Coin

------------------------------------
    The Most Important Runes are:

1-2 Seeker of the Source to Grant Delim to one of your non-Delim champs
    2 Wood Marshal create saplings and/or sacrifice them
    2 Fanatical Devotee to make more saplings, could be run with Sacrifice of Delim, or Drain.
    2 Greenhouse

Assuming you have these critical runes, you can run pretty much run anything else, since you can just use the Seeker of the Source Crystal to give the non-delim champ Devotee of Delim. I prefer to run a larger pool of Delim champs to make the BG less reliant on Seeker. Also, Wood Elemental is great, but the more Plant/treefolks you run the harder you have to work to make sure he doesnt transplant one of your non-saplings.

Other Champs worth considering:
    - Dryad (Surge and Heals)
    - Experimental Warspirit
    - Wizard of the Ways (long range and can relocate Greenhouses)
    - Menelaus
    - Bliss the Muse
    - Warcaller Fiorn
    - Dugon (he expensive now, but Battle harden is a global buff)
    - Kthun the Ancient (makes more trees!, but wandering is a pain)

If you lack some of the Lim / Legendaries
    - Fan Faire --> Treefolk Blessing
    - Enforcer of the Circle --> Ruthless Enforcer
    - Seeker of the Source --> Hardest to replace, but I guess Flamemage of the Circle

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    DarkJello and Tweek516 like this.
  15. Tweek516

Definitely want to double up on warden tho, she's your only potential for power turns