I can't believe this thread hasn't been made yet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I think the ability stormreader just needs a cost increase so that he costs 66 nora like firk mindshredder. What you are forgetting is his ability has a range of 5, is conditional on lightning damage and psychic ping has a range of 8. Keep the jolt interaction or this champ will not be a meta deck champ. As ballballer said it would be dreadful if you cant proc it on an opponents turns! Look Sok did an amazing job with this rune, and he is very proud of it, lets not shoebox for him. He has every right to be proud of this rune as it is a theme enabler. The new Stormspear is a speed demon with enervating touch and Storm seeker, he doesn't have much damage hp or defence but he is cheap so it doesn't matter. The point I am getting at is the Hyaenid Stormreader is the new theme enabler of electricity not the Stormspear, so if the Stormreader gets shoeboxed the theme will no longer be meta. My personal opinion is the Stormreader is 10-15 nora too cheap! That said the stormspear added some much needed speed to the Lightning theme.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    mw24 likes this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dont shoebox storm reader please, just make it less broken. The rune itself is a great design idea, its pretty amazing.

Vorian likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

He's intended to be a theme rune and I think that's where he's the strongest.

~

My current plan is to reduce the DMG output slightly and increase the cost slightly. The other option instead of direct output reduction is to remove the interaction with Shocked.

Feel free to discuss :)

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

So 8 dmg and +5 nora? I think that would be sufficient.

Osidan and Vorian like this.
  5. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

It's non-sensically OP straight up . The more of it I see the less I want to keep playing

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

try running it in fw/sp, it's alot of fun to abuse, ask @Ballballer.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

givem dogpile and a basic physical attack to increase his cost. also dwarven medic should lose its damage and gain a little hp and or def. it has 5 dmg for some reason.

8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

If this slap on the wrist is all it gets then I want bloodballs back on opponent's champs with bloodgoyle...make it only proc during its turn.

9. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This will make it similar to the mindshredder only not as good, its the perfect change. You also need to make it so it can only have teleport 2 max, I am leaning more to teleport 1 max as otherwise its 7-8 speed.

Ok how about this.
    +5 nora
    Stomreader does 8 damage per proc.
    Teleport 1 to base + the nora cost increase that includes + the 5 nora increase to the storm reader ability.
    -5hp
    Upgrade path 1:
    +6hp
    1 speed.

10. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

agreed

11. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

@ Sokolov I'm not sure how other players feel, but from fighting him I enjoy that he triggers on shocked and I like his cheap cost. Maybe his damage output on the ability is a little high but I think he has ended up in a really good spot to be thematic without just winning the game as soon as he hits play. (My opinion though, others may/do disagree.)

Vorian likes this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

he needs to go up like 10 nora by giving him dogpile and a basic attack, another ability, and or defensive stats. his damage might need to go down a little as well. also he probably shouldnt be able to stack with other stormreader on the same target...

This is what I think should happen, not 100% on all the details tho. the rune needs to stay strong but just not gamebreaking like it is now, itd also like to see it have more synergy with hyaenids at a reasonable cost.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In my opinion, the ability needs to cost AP. Give him 6 speed to make him more expensive.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nah, thatd ruin him. hes supposed to work kind of like firk pinger. he just needs to cost more and not be able to stack with other readers. his dmg may need to be reduced to 8 or so as well, not sure if thatd nerf him too much tho.

15. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

Could he just be banned from rank until something is decided? I mean, there was a hotfix one day after the expansion so I'm assuming it can be done at any time. The sad thing is there is no consequence for doing it. If I wasn't so into strategy, I would play it.

mw24 likes this.
  16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

it should be banned from ranked lol.

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

One other notable difference between Mindshredder and Stormreader is that Psychic Ping targets the champion with the highest HP whereas Stormreader can affect any champion. For this reason, it is generally easier to control which champion gets sniped by Stormreader than with Psychic Ping. The Stormreader has more control over which champion is attacked than with Psychic Ping (though strategic placement of the Mindshredder can help target certain opponents).

Thbigchief likes this.
  18. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

It's odd that so few people seem to understand how ridiculously strong passive damage is. You get to do damage just for being around? That is incredible. That is why Mindshredder is 66? nora and does nothing but ping. You can rework the ability one of two ways: auto include (op) or shoeboxed. Passive damage is incredibly hard to balance and I must implore the designers and the people in the council to exercise great restraint in introducing abilities like this.
    How this champion iteration made it to live is nothing short of mind boggling.

Ballballer and TeaScholar like this.
  19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

If only somebody would have said this before the champ was released......oh wait i did