Suggested change to The Collective

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by 4NIK8, Nov 25, 2015.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

It should allow for units with the same name, that way your not forced into a highlanderish type of bg/playstyle.

This rune barely sees any play, giving the requirement some flexibility would make it more viable IMO.

What do you guys think?

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Collective is pretty strong, I think. I don't really see any reason to buff. Collective decks are not common, but people still play them and do well with them.

I mean I would not complain if it was better, but I think there are better targets for buffing or getting more development. (Jellebrium, etc.)

If it was to be redesigned I would suggest it just gives its bonus to any unit that has a race that is distinct from that of all other champions on the field. But even that probably would not help thaaat much.

3. Sagratanas

Sagratanas The King of Potatoes

Collective need preordinated and nora cost 30 cause it generally opens after you deploy 4 champs with that 4 champs the synergy of the deck makes no sense

4. Sagratanas

I run Collective deck since it released and i saw nobody running collective actually its just 2 dmg and 5 hp. lots of themes can get 10dmg 10hp somehow... Collective needs preordinated without it, it has no meaning.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The collective is a type of rune that encourages Split good stuff BGs. I disagree and it should not be given preordained.

It's fine as is.

6. Sagratanas

then where is collective players? any theme is way better then collective - it should have preordained, all after deploy effects have preordained - ex: chained fae
    i am the only one who runs collective i also think instead of puting collective any spell or relic can be more usefull. you spend enough energy to find diffrent races to put in bg and whats that? after you deploy half of your champs its revealed also im getting annoyed the people who comments a subject that they dont have any idea just for to be said something ..

7. doubtofbuddha

Where are the anything players? A) We do not have a huge player base. B) FS is one of the less popular factions. C) People tend to like to explore new stuff. D) The Collective is no longer new and there are not any new distinct races that would encourage it to be reexamined. With that being said I have been trying to decide what I want to play next. I will play the Collective for a couple of weeks.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I use Arctic Gift which is pretty much the same thing. Not everything should have preordained. The Collective gives +2 damage and +5 hp PERMANENTLY. That alone already makes it as good as a banner even if it has the unique race clause.

You're underplaying The Collective hard. It's already good. Sometimes you get bad draws, sometimes you get good draws; get over it.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

The collective is one of my favourite runes, it's one of those runes that's not OP but can enable a whole new type of bg.

The recently added Reno Jackson in hearthstone reminds me of it.

10. Sagratanas

arctic gift is op if you compare with collective and you dont build your bg according to arctic gift preordained is 8 nora just do it 30 cost and give what it deserves

im disagree with all of your views except A) . just play collective for a couple of weeks.

11. Sagratanas

AND ITS NOT PERMANENT IT CAN BE DISPELLED.

12. doubtofbuddha

B is verifiable with pretty much any statistics that Desert Owl Games has released. There are not enough FS players to play all the different FS bgs at a competitive level, unless everyone played something different, which is not going to happen.

13. Sagratanas

Everyone playing what is OP in that moment there cant be any statistic .. when jellies are op guys played jelly. when psy were op everyone created a bg with psy. just a week ago there were full of psy-soultap bg's around also mirefolks were like that there is just few guys who just plays 1-2 factions all the time

14. doubtofbuddha

What are you basing this on? Looking at the lobby? I am basing this off of the actual real numbers sokolov posted.

15. Sagratanas

as now is full of (electric SP) (dwarves-barbs-paladins IS before it was griffins) just few guys like me playing what they fantasticly like champs if FS develops smth OPer than IS's themes the Top 50 guys will play FS to be stay in Top 50 ..

16. Sagratanas

Im based on my logic ex:Tiny-Mark they played every faction what were strong on those days the statistic shows you FS is not less played faction FS develops less strong themes and champs. this is the explaination

17. Sagratanas

There's just 2-5 players that you can tell FS or anyfaction player.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't know what you're talking about but Griffins haven't been a top theme recently.

19. Sagratanas

it's not the point you know :D (not recently it was 5-6 months ago) the point is how the statistic of factions can be affected

20. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I'll just sip my tea on this one

Leadrz and Anima26 like this.