Bloodcrest could use a range increase...

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by MakarovJAC, Nov 22, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

...why?

Well, relic destroyer spells are a thing today. And a popular one by the way. Maneuvering againt IS and ST is already difficult with their trademark large AoE spells, and multiple ranged champs, and other removal spells.

Now, the Crest has lost notable maneurability with the inclusion of target spells like the new ones (fighting against SP was similar, except for the lack of heavy ranged champs. Which I'll insist on this thread that they could use a fix. WHat kind? That's up to SP players to tell), also, lets remember that ST has MORE relic destruction spells.

Vampyre as a theme were created with Bloodcrest in mind as a way to make them survivable. The Crest is not OP since it's killable by most forms of damage, has only 15 HP which is one attack short of dying. Perhaps, using its effect against it. Getting it automatically destroyed by spells or abbilities is pretty much render the theme unplayable (more than some people claim it is), specially when, compared to other relic-relying theme like minotaurs, it doesn't have such a relyiability due to the easyness it is to deploy. Seriously, the Cow door can be summoned every few turns by 2 different champs, plus it can be manually deployed. I even suggested at rune suggestions threads to create a champs which creates bloodcrests with a debuff.

My current suggestion would simply be to increase its range from 6 to 7 at no additional cost simply because meta pretty much outsmarted those 6 range with plenty of options.

2. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Thats why blood crest is in the faction with DMZ... You cant expect everything to be easy mode. If they use a 30 or so nora spell to get rid of your 30 or so nora relic, i think its perfectly fair.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

not really but vampyres need alot of buffs to their synergy and individual champs tho. Tomb raider sucks because of mercenary.

Thbigchief likes this.
  4. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

No, marcanery is bad but it dont makes tomb riader sucks... i rly like him.

5. MakarovJAC

He's right, he's pretty usable even with Merc.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

there is a difference between "usuable" and good. nearly every rune in the game is "usuable" doesnt mean your going to be winning much with it against decent opponents.

7. MakarovJAC

Actually, and taking in account his relic-recycling abbilities, he's pretty good. Allow me to remind you that he's a ranged (Range 5!) attacker. He stealths in most maps. Or in DMZ if you like. His two anti-relic7equipment have range 3. And the equipment removal is AoE, not target. And he's 60-ish nora. Also, he's base 12 damage.

The only thing which makes him not that great, is his race selections which to my honest opinion, is ostracized by other players.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

in higher ranks he doesnt work well cus mercenary.

9. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

I dont use him and i am not high rank.

10. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Why does blood crest not have blood magic?

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

..... it's a flag

TeaScholar, potatonuts and BloodAshes like this.
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

as he said his anti-relic abilities generate nora which means he actually breaks even after mercenary. and please stop this higher rank stuff it's such an invalid comparison it hurts my anus

13. Mercer Skye

.....a frail flag infused with vampyric magick. Blood Magic might make it survive a bit more than a hard sneeze. Though, it could always be turned into a global effect like Orb of Protection....we all know how fun that is to play against.

14. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

If you want to keep it alive then run Mason's Spire or champs with Mason. Besides blood magic won't save it from being one shot and would warrant a cost increase.

15. Mercer Skye

Would it though? A substantial one?

Orb of Protection;
    40n
    Unrestricted coverage
    Fire Acolyte
    Searing Aura 4
    Global Reach

Blood Crest;
    30n
    Restricted to Vampyres
    Magic Resist 3
    6 space range

I'd pay 10n more for a more Orb of Protection like package;

First, drop magic resist

40n
    Keep the Vampyre restriction
    Blood Acolyte (It doesn't exist, I know); When a champion with bloodied is attacked, this unit heals 2hp
    Life Drain Aura
    Global or 'semi-global (8-10)' range

I'd pay that, and it would no longer be such a make or break, haphazard 'crutch' of a rune that barely does it's job

I could be wrong, but I think the problem is that it was supposed to be a vampyre flavored Orb, but instead of going with 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it,' it was designed to be 'edgy and innovative' instead of just becoming a more theme specific Orb that already had a good kit on it

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Blood Crest literally prevents any sort of death. Orb grants Evasive 1. They aren't really the same rune -- it doesn't come across to me, either through intention or current mechanics, as a "vampyre flavored orb"

TeaScholar likes this.
  17. Mercer Skye

Maybe I'm biased, but theme specific pieces are always slightly more powerful than generalist pieces. Crest might prevent death, but it's in the same capacity that warguard does. It just applies it across your entire vampyre line up. And actually, that's literally how it works unless you apply a Spire to it. 15hp with 3hp lost per trigger. 5 blocked lethal attacks until stuff starts dying. Which is powerful, except how vulnerable it is to getting picked off for how close you have to put it to your champs.

18. MakarovJAC

AND NOW WE ARE SPEAKING THE SAME LANGUAGE!

I understand quite a few concepts of competitive gameplay, such as AoE, such as ranged boosts, plus teleport abbilities. Got to be honest, I used to play Bloodcrest at the farthest spot possible, and I tried to use the Masochism combo that way because it prevented nasty "whoops! 7 ranged attacked swooped in and killed it simply becuase it's got 7 range, and probably flies. Or the same, but with an AoE instead. Spells are pretty much the downer for this relic. Specially since not only it gets affected, but also must lose life keeping dying vamps alive.

Got to be honest, killing it is now easier than ever. Just waste one 10 AP, 6 range champ attacking it. Or casting a Bomb. Or playing an AoE spell, and that's the end of it. However, you can't play it back at your base, because it was designed as something which was meant to be used in the open. Unlike Orb or Unholy Tomb which can be used in the farthest corners of the map. I know this, because that's the mayor downer for the crest. And the reason of why FF vamps have quite a disadvantage over Split Masochism combo.