Another One Bites the Dust

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Nov 24, 2015.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

What do people think of the Russian claim that Turkey is benefitting from trade in ISIS oil?

It seems logical that if the Iraq war was about increasing the flow of oil (which I think most people now accept) then the US/west would still be keen to keep it flowing since this keeps the global price down and reduces the ability of the net oil exporters to dictate prices and control supply.

It also seems like those big oil producers - Russia and Saudi Arabia - are the ones getting involved to keep the situation muddy.

Is it still all about oil?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    BurnPyro and DarkJello like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think we should stop the massive focus on the problems in the middle east and it's effects and focus more on problems that exist in europe besides the immigration/refugee problem

iPox and mw24 like this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its about money, it's always about money.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Was it really a decision they made for themselves or was it made for them after ww II?

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

what are you even talking about?

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Dont bother replying to him. Its a waste of oxygen and energy.

DarkJello and doubtofbuddha like this.
  7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Well yes and no - it isn't just abstract numbers.

There has been a lot of good that has come from a low oil price, it has had a positive impact on all economies that aren't exporters of oil (which is most) at a time of recession, notably it has allowed for a faster growth of the Chinese economy (which i think has overtaken the US to be the biggest net importer of oil). This has had a knock-on effect around the world and benefited some of the poorest - bringing a lot of people out of poverty, think of all the Chinese investment in developing countries.

On the other side it does hurt oil dependent economies, I don't think anyone really gives a firk about the Saudis, but it does hit people in poorer oil exporters. It has also hurts the development of renewable power, with grant cuts all over the world, and cancellation of clean energy projects.

So if the Iraq war has had a significant impact on oil price then (and I haven't looked too deep into it to be honest, its just a theory) then there has been a lot of positives. Of course, that the negatives can be measured in dead children, refugees, global terrorism, and islamic state, shouldn't be forgotten.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uh, I wouldn't say killing Prince Ferdinand was more stupid a reason to start a war over than shooting down a jet.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Can confirm these

DarkJello likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ofcourse it is

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

How much of a problem is bicycle theft in Turkey,Russia and syria? I feel like we are forgetting the most important factor here.

14. Ragic

I mean that I don't think Europeans can lord it over the muslim world for being more peaceful. America and Russia pretty much carved it up and left their armies there to police the situation until they had a generation or so to stop being so war like. It would be racist not to do the same favor for the Middle East don't you think?

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

kick turkey out of nato, **** turkey and their suicidal leaders. The turkish people voted for these idiots, **** em.
    **** turkey.

turkey is trying to get nuked by russia apparently.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  16. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

badgerale likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

**** turkey

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

sounds like turkey needs to have it's military intervene against it's president being a bit too muslimy ... again.

19. Ragic

fify

Geressen likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't, that was funny, but you should have also have added 'secretly' to the sentence.