Ok this is what happened

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firk, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I am at the lava map that seperates the 2 shrines i am playing somone he is SL. I am winning and he got 3 units left. he know he lost so what he does is he saved alittle nora. releases his avatar and warcry transfiusion so his skywing got max ap rushes the entire field his skywing was basically at his avatar. quicken then dracon benediction. and kills my Shrine.

I rember back in the day when IS charged the opponents shrine with impervious and unbending force and they put skirmishers on those spells.

I seriously dont think you should be able to charge from your own avtar to opponents in one go and still do a shitload of damage.

now let the flaming begin

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

If you transform into your avatar, you take that risk.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

mine was not transformed
    he killed my shrine
    he rushed his unit from his shrine to mine and did 30 damage+

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Stop whining.

If you left your shrine on about 30hp and you noticed he was saving nora and didn't do anything about it it is your fault.

Osidan, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  5. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

why does timeslip give skirmisher while SL can get the same amount of ap and more damage + quickening and thats ok?

6. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Maybe you should have transformed then, or used the impervious ability. And that costs a lot more nora than time slip.
    Anyway, you cornered an animal and received the bite.

Netherzen, charlieriot and IMAGIRL like this.
  7. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Why you are whining? He MAME an decision, and have and strategy, he uses it, and managed to win. Cry in silence.

charlieriot likes this.
  9. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I think you need to look at the beauty of it
    He was losing and had only three units out, but was like Firk your fonts and Firk your win ratatatata!!

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

But in all seriousness, I do feel like this is a legitimate strategy. Technically, to win a game, the opposing shrine has to be destroyed. Which is what he did and in a pretty typical and expected manner.
    Next time you notice someone saving up Nora, you'll have this to remind you of what could happen ^^

Anima26, Ifem21 and DarkJello like this.
  11. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

This is a legitimate strategy. Like you, I have been on the receiving end of this many times, the only difference being I made precautions in anticipation of this strategy and have never lost to it. This is a very well known strategy for an SL flying deck to use and it seems like you recognized early on what was about to happen. However, from your description of events it doesn't sound like you did anything to prepare for it and thus I don't feel sorry for you losing a fair game.

Netherzen, Anima26, Ifem21 and 2 others like this.
  12. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Wise feedback from a few sources. Heed, or more virtual death awaits.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The objective of the game is to kill the opponents shrine/avatar. It sounds like he did that so I don't see where the problem lies. How exactly did you determine that you were winning if his wasn't dead yet?

Anima26, Ifem21 and Gorebucket like this.
  14. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

There are times when things like that is your only option.
    It was a longshot. If he had messed up on that, be it miscalculating, he would have lost. (Duh)

15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Legit win. You assumed u had the game in the bag. You been Sho-Ryu-Ken'd son.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This is a thread where the response "get good" is legitimately reasonable. Oh no, you lost the game due to your opponent moving a unit next to your shrine and killing it! Nerf win conditions please.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Ifem21, JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  17. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

It's easy to get wrapped up in troop count, font ownership, and field position and mistake that for "winning". If your shrine has less health than a rooted Sapling and the opponent was hoarding nora instead of deploying more units, it might be fair to say that the reality of the situation is somewhat different than your interpretation.

Netherzen, Anima26, Ifem21 and 5 others like this.
  18. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

QFT. "Sapling" reference was tops.

19. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I don't play much(at all), but OP does have a point.

It may not be a great example but transfusion might be worth considering the skirmisher treatment.

Osidan likes this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Thank you for your opinion. What reasons do you have to support it? Why should the developers change current mechanics? What will you do to adapt in the meantime?