Mystic Atelier

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BrokenNeck, Nov 29, 2015.

1. BrokenNeck

BrokenNeck The King of Potatoes

Is it possible to get this relic Shadowspawn or the relic copy function more than 1 space? Since an opposing relic has to be placed next to it for the copy not our relic be placed next to an existing opposing relic your opponent will just use a space 2 spaces away.

( Did I word this correctly? )

2. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

so u want it buffed

3. BrokenNeck

BrokenNeck The King of Potatoes

Changed more so than buffed. In its current state your opponent will have to be one of the least smartest person playing this game to place their relic beside the Mystic Atelier

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Even if this thing was the best possible version of what it says it is -- which it isn't -- it would still be unplayably bad.

5. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

There's a lot of stuff I need to get around trying, and this is on my list of them. But the ability it gives says target relic/equip inside 5 spaces, as in it's an activated ability, so you choose what it's going to copy. BUT, this item seems to have the same issues that most TCG 'copy dat ****" cards and effects tend to have.

Randomly or 'randomly' getting something from another opponent is 99% of the time worse than being forced to spend twice as much as something you've intentionally put into your deck. You can't guarantee that your opponent is going to be running equips or relics that are going to be useful to you.

Some things just have to be bad to provide a medium on everything to be judged by. This looks like one of those items :cool:

6. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

yeah idk how the devs thought it would work, but even I only needed one read to know that the relic is super bad.

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I don't think this even works currently.

8. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

MA can be easily good if we could copy our own stuff too.

9. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Now that would be interesting

10. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Would it, though? Are there any relics/equips you'd really want to run 3-4 times?

The flexibility would be nice. Sacrificial Altar is really the only thing that comes to my mind though. Maybe corpse-a-pults. Most everything else I include in BGs is something I'd only use 1-2 times in a match, at most.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I would duplicate Ancient Elsari Helm onto every enemy, and copy Corpse Piles. It would be pretty broke.

12. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

you could clone your own stuff right now, but the rune itself is broken and does no have any ability when deployed. I was gonna clone chopping blocks or corpse piles. MA would be good/op if it actually works right now.

13. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Chopping Block. Grim Well Corpse Pile and Corpse-a-Pult as well as MA itself come to mind - would need relocate relic to space them out a little

14. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Even multiply stitch remain / phylaterics would be good, imho.

But the thing don't work at all for the moment, so it's just theory: but if it could clone owned relics (as per the current description), it would be incredibly abusable.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Even at a 5-turn cooldown, Clone Matter is going to be broke as hell if this thing ever starts working. Don't expect it to last; duplicating 65 nora champ-summoning relics for 20 nora will get stopped.

16. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Make this copy our own Relics but with 1 HP, 25 nora for a summon and so on