violent religions.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this is pretty fun, some of you would probably already have seen it pass on facebook

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's easy to trick the masses. It's very hard to trick a single person.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

and an honest man is impossible to fool

keep em believing that, makes things easi-

oop

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

lol. This is dumb.

This is from the Old Testament and it doesn't apply to Christians today. It was rephrased into the New Testament by something we call today as "The Ten Commandments".
    The way the old testament is described in the bible only applies to Jewish people thousands years ago, and only acts as a "guidepost" today but nothing more.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Alakhami likes this.
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It's religion.

6. ProR2D2

I meant the video (misunderstanding/taking out of context), is dumb. lol

Religion (at least Cristianity) is fine. (read the next 2 sentences of my post)

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that's a lot of excuses, religion of peace much you violent woman opressor?

8. ProR2D2

The only thing the video says about woman is: "Woman can't teach", which is taken out of context.
    The context is meant to express that women can't teach IN CHURCHS, which simply means: women should not become pastors and elders.

lol

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

More excuses and you wrote churches wrong.

Also you don't understand the point.

10. ProR2D2

The point is Religions (at least christianity) are not violent, it's people who are violent. People who are violent "because" of their religion, probably know nothing about their religion.

It's like an assassin killing someone by smashing him with a refrigerator, then putting the blame on the existance of refrigerators. It's the people who are at fault, not religions.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you mean not the refrigerators.

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Religions pretend to be peaceful when they promote all kinds of intolerance, hate and prejudice. No thanks. As an example some religions treat women and people that like to think differently to what they are commanded to think, like complete Bane Shift. That is not acceptable. Its 2015, its a load of old hocus pocus bullshit that belongs in the medieval ages.

Why shouldnt a woman become a priest or a pastor or whatever. What is this issue that people seemed to have a little whil ago, that women are inferior in some way. Its ridiculous. Women give birth to children, without them guess where Man would be, he would be extinct.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

or elder, because woman cannot be allowed to become old and gain wisdom and use that to educate the younger generations.

14. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

If only Christians understood that.
    A lot don't seem to.

I think the point here is that most religious people don't even know their religion, they're just following along with what someone told them. (For example: "We must hate gays because the bible said so")

15. ProR2D2

Das dumb. Religions (at least christianity) don't promote intolerance, hate, or prejudice, or say women and any person who think differently are inferior. Those are people who do that. And if someone does that "because" of their religion, then they are people who claim to be religious, but know nothing about their religion, or follow along with what some1 told them (like SkeleKing said).
    The bible says because being a female is a virtue and becoming a Pastor is a path of sacrifices. It doesn't sound like making them look inferior. :rolleyes:

16. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

"religion is fine" is a false statement.

Radical Muslims 100% believe that if they spread the word of their religion, they will go to a "heaven" of 72 virgins.... Even if this means killing innocents, or themselves. Sounds pretty violent to me

17. PurpleTop

18. ProR2D2

I updated my comment, I meant Christianity cuz I don't know other religions.

But Christianity being a religion, saying "Religions are oppresive (all)" is therefore a false statement too.

19. PurpleTop

A fair perspective, and I respect your opinion. I went to a catholic school from kindergarten through high school, so I've had a big exposure to the practice and learned a lot about it. My whole family is catholic.

However, I must point out that it was in fact a group of Christians who performed the holocaust, and was a driving force behind both world wars

20. ProR2D2

I see o.o

If that's true, then they probably did it because they were dumb, not because they were christians or because god told them.
    Is people who are at fault, not christianity. If they did it "because" of their thoughts on christianity, then they probably knew nothing about christianity. lol