Mirefolk/Semis

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Cydna, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Since there's no thread on Mirefolk/Semis yet i'll start one.

So with the 28th expansion came a new mirefolk and some cost decreases on the old ones. Also, FS got a relic which has Water Front and I guess you can say a 5 range Slowing Aura.

I personally think Mirefolk/Semis are an aggressive play style. They have a strong early game, good mid game, and ehhh late game.

upload_2015-11-28_12-25-9.png

So this is my BG. As you can see I use 2 Drowns and 2 Undertows. I drown any problematic tanks and Undertow their range units that they though were safe. I rarely use Slipwater but when I do it's a game ender. Monsoon allows me to drown Fliers (Firk you Bastion). If my opponent fails to one turn Swamp Thing I throw an Aquatic Talisman on hit and let him heal back to max hp. Twisted Esscence is very useful for healing and spot Confuse. Ctharia is pretty much the only champ I do not like. Her Mirefolk ability is weak and useless 90% of the time. I only use her cause shiny ^.^

Oh and I take Revival on the Circadian Merchant.

All in all, this is probably my most successful BG. I would consider it to be one of FS' top themes and a tier 1 theme.

/discuss Mirefolk

Anima26 likes this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

The thing I like about mirefolk is that there are two ways to play them.

You can play them rushy with their strong berserkers, or slow with their very strong ranged champs (such as arcanist).

I agree they aren't really late game, because they don't have too many expensive champs, but you can play them early or midgame orientated.

But yeah, I think they're very strong.

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

This is what I am running:

[​IMG]

I am running slightly less aggressive than you. Only champ I am not really sure about is Moog, but he does presents a nice wall for your opponents to ram their heads again.

What level of multiattack do people like on the pirahnid? Dazzling or Flourish on Songmaster?

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I had Moog in my BG for 5 games and didn't deploy him once so I dropped him.

I use multi 2 but I see most using multi 1. I use Dazzling on Songmaster to shut my opponents melee down. If I end up doing the math wrong, I just engage it.

5. travis

travis Devotee of the Blood Owl

i added a frenzied pirahnid, couldn't get 2x swamp things

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I like to use Frenzied and Warrior Piranhid, they are very good. Also, I like to play more deffensive, making their late game very powerfull and leaving them capable to deal with aggressive rush BGs.

7. travis

would a swamp doomie benefit in one of these bgs?

8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Provides a good source of Flying, but other than that i dont know why id run him.

9. Ifem21

Too costly, I'd find more usefull other runes.

10. travis

What else could i add to make the bg better?

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Depends what youre looking for.

12. Ifem21

You are looking for what role? Support, ranged DMGer, melee beater, tank? Spell, relic, equip?

13. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

any tips on how to play these guys

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I suggest playing aggressively. Get your water gen out, so Tide Master, Ctharia, Swamp Things, etc. Once water gen is out, deploy accordingly. If you're going to set up for an undertow kill, deploy Pirahnids. If you want to set up a slipwater, more High Tide units out.

Try to save the Mirefolk abilities for when you really need them.

15. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

play a game cydna so i have examples and something to watch

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I've got the best semi here.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'll probably play in an hour or so. I'll message you when I do.

18. Pyrothax

Pyrothax New Member

What is the name of the third relic? (second last rune)

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Watershed anchor. Great rune.

20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

My current deck is pretty different from that one, fyi. I am still using the watershed anchor though. @Tweek516 is totally right about it being a great rune.