BG Size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Dec 14, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

How would people feel about increasing bg size by two?

2. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

MORE DRAKSARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Osidan likes this.
  3. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

I am for adding two slots exclusively for utility. It shouldnt be neccesary but some scenarios are only solved by counters. If you hate stealth, you can add a source of detection. If you dont like negative equips add a source of shatter. Not sure how it would be implemented tho. Ideally they would simply balance better so that counter or die scenarios wouldnt happen. The last part is ofcourse easier said then done.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I run 16/17 champions in most of my bgs I would totally like that 2 extra slots

5. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I have the same question as Dmr.
    Why would you want it?
    This is a bunch of baloney. You can do that in a 30 rune bg as well

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Let's just make BGs have no rune capacity.

7. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

But then also increase start reveals by 1 or 2?

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ever had a rune you wanted to fit in a bg an couldn't? I mean the reasons are pretty self explanatory. Just a little extra wiggle room. The fact that each expansion adds more and more content while the capacity of our bgs aren't getting bigger doesn't help. Honestly don't think we need to increase the bg size for every expansion, but I do think it's time we get a small bump to our bg size.

IIRC we increased the limit from 20 to 30 because the the selection we had access to wasn't rationally mirrored by the size of our bg. How many expansions has it been since then? Does the current ratios justify increasing the bg limit slightly for the same reasons?

@Sokolov mind taking some time to dredge up the stats?

Ifem21 and Kampel like this.
  9. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I suffer under the exact opposite problem pretty much all the time. I have a 25-28 rune BG and can't figure out how to close the gap. So let's decrease the BG size by two.

Or do something completely different by reducing the deck limit of everything that doesn't come with a sibling to 1. Highlander fun for e~very~one~

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Increasing bg limit is a terrible idea.

yobanchi, Makorov and doubtofbuddha like this.
  11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly i agree with cydna, i think it's time we let people make bgs as big as they want. It's not a huge benefit to people and makes draw wins more difficult. Their are also so many more bg's i have never ran just because half my bg now consists of counters which is very annoying, were also back to the point of summon spam so their goes another bg slot.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

See now, Yu-Gi-Oh has a similar thing, or at least it used to. There is a minimum requirement of 40 cards, but there was really no upwards limit. (Now I believe the limit is 80) Most people try to keep their decks between 40-45 just to increase they chance they draw the cards needed for counters or combos.

A min - max system might also work.

13. Pedeguerra

Pox is not a card game, though, as explained by Sok a few times.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

In as much the same was you decide what you deploy, and how you use them. Deck building takes the same responses. Pox starts with the Runemanager.

15. Pedeguerra

Let me put it this way.
    If, instead of cards, the runes just had the sprites for them, and you delivered them into the battlefield from something called "Unit production", would it change anything in Pox?
    The only thing that makes Pox a card game is drawing and pack opening.
    Aside from that, it is nothing like a traditional card game like HS or Magic.

Ifem21 likes this.
  16. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I kind of agree to the "it's time to increase the size of bgs", it would be awesome and refreshing -but- instead of opening two slots why dont we make those "special"? like the runes on those two slots cost -5 nora or have +5 hp or less CD when it's destroyed or similar stuff like that?
    The runes on those two slots could start revealed but on CD

or for example, if we make those two new slots to be "Shrine slots", which can only be a relic or champ, then in-game the shrine has two activable abilities to deploy those runes adjacent, could be the banner and X other rune.

The posibilities are endless

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Disagree. There's a ton of overlap, and in some major things -- deck construction, for instance. While the resources are a bit tangled, you can still chart some clear lines between Cards-Nora, Reveals-Mana, and AP-Phases(tempo). I think of Pox as a card game mediated through some additional miniatures mechanics.

Tweek516 and IMAGIRL like this.
  18. Pedeguerra

Well, to each his own. I disagree with your disagreement.
    Also, card games are much less imbalanced than Pox is, so theres that too.

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Like the enthusiasm, not so keen on the suggestions. Lets keep it simple. They don't need more design work on their plate.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Pox is more balanced than MtG (various formats), for better or for worse.