Draksar are actually Decent!

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Vorian, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

They may not be Limited league level but they are definitely exo league level just like slags.

2. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

U compare a Draksar to mindless Slag what a heretic.

Vorian likes this.
  3. Vorian

Anyway this is what I am running.

Draksar Champs
    Draksar Broodqueen x2
    Draksar Consulate x1
    Draksar Fabricator x2
    Draksar Flashblade x2
    Draksar Hunchback x2
    Draksar Lord x2
    Draksar Persecutor x2
    Draksar Pursuer x2
    Draksar Rocketeer x2

Spells
    Acid Storm x2
    Channelled Violence x2
    Draconic Benediction x1
    Fight in formation x1
    Magnetise x1
    Quickening x1

Relics
    Hive
    Sundered Warbanner

Equipment
    Bloodthirsty Blade
    Dragon Gods Staff
    Quarry Mark

4. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Yeah nice budget list :) but i would find a spot for at least ome temple guard and a quiken, most of all the guard is op!

5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

No Temple guard, no Psion, no Archer, no Spellsword, no Ravenspeaker. All those 5 are arguably auto. Not having a Psion and an Archer severely limits your ranged options. Ravenspeaker is a great counter to summons and is ranged. Rocketeer only gets 4 pops. Im taking it youre running on a budget due to no Flagellums or High Priests, deck is much better with those in it.

6. Vorian

Well if I was to add any other champ it would be priest of fury, but the draksar fabricator gives an extra ranged option with the draketooth rifle, and the draksar flashblade is 1 of the best champs in the game once logistics range has been triggered. But I might and try find room for the spell swords and psion but its difficult to know what to drop, as none of the champs I am using atm feel weak. I had Ravenspeakers but I traded them in when they became too expensive. I would get a flaggelum or high priest if I thought they improved on what I have already got, but I don't.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

no
    High priest?
    High marshall?
    Blackscale Centurion?
    Ravenspeaker?
    Flagellum Of Chains?
    Priest of Fury?
    Judge Torien?

Im guessing on a budget cause thats the only reason i can see for not including these runes as they are all stupidly good.

Also,
    Archer
    Psion
    Temple Guard (SL bonus comes before defense so defense stacking reduces damage by so much)
    Bookburner
    Shifter
    Chameleon
    Hunter
    Augmenter
    Spellsword

(There is a lot of really good draksar)

Not particularly sure why you've opted to include these runes as there are definitely better runes out there for there roles. Maybe draksar are only decent for you cause you're running a lot of the poopy ones.

Anima26 likes this.
  8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I haven't played Draksar for over a year, but that's a lot of auto includes for a theme that is supposedly only decent.
    What is holding Draksars back? Too many 6 speed units?

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

QQ thats what, theyre strong.

10. Vorian

Draksar are like a budget version of Dragons.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Except they're not. they play completely different and a good draksar deck is by no means "Budget"

12. Vorian

I will admit they have completely different playstyles. When I stop playing for rank I will see how far I can take budget draksar... By that I mean stop playing SP as SP is the faction I am most used to followed by UD.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  13. Faust

MY Draksar Deck Modules each basing on other synergy

[​IMG]

Anima26 and soulmilk like this.
  14. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Why do i keep seeing decks without PoF

15. Faust

i do run LE Pof with RIP demons since they are fire dmg, but graphic is broken.
    in other decks cant find room for him.

Actually not tested them after patch that much,

What kind of build is good on them? purgin flame + bomb ?

16. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Surge and blind in draksar, amp and revere for sl/ud fire, bomb+purgingflames is meant to be a weird utility set if your deck desparately needs nonspell cleanse/dispel

17. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I keep seeing you guys use give in these decks
    Can someone explain hive vs jasper? Isn't jasper a bit cheaper for more damage?

18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hive counters perseverence.

19. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

DraksarDragon.png
    This is the bg i'm trying out now, after Akakios got Guarded : Draksar. Most of all i'd like to see if Horrific Mutation on Temple Guard is good, defender with Vindrax seems to be so nice!XD
    EDIT: forgot two things: which upgrades do u play on Vindrax? I'm trying resistance3 and acid1, but i'l maybe swap to both rank3. Second, i'm playing pof with surge + revere, but i'm not sure surge is better than amplify in this kind of bg.

20. CodyW

CodyW Well-Known Member

Instead of running horrific mutation for temple guard, why not run taint for vindrax or akakios.. makes them a draksar (helps the defender situation) and gives those nasty dragons violent.. plus regen, if used on akakios

Anima26 likes this.