How do we feel about Hammerfall Lonx?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by DissolvingBonds, Dec 17, 2015.

1. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

I am running a Lonx deck and am finding myself wondering if this rune is really worth keeping in there. I'm thinking he could be replaced with something cheaper that might help just as much. Your thoughts on him?

2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I like him. He is very powerfull, and slowing things arround, while having DMG and SPD by just being close to enemies is really nice. Plus, Quest on him is amazing.

3. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Anything Hammerfall does another Lonx does it with extra utility and for a cheaper price. Always felt meh about the rune since its release. It's just there.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Multi 3 though.

And it was OP as firk on release, at the time it was probably the best champ in ST.

5. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

'OP' or not in release thanks to Spur it was an ok champion and that's about it. This is a champion which is meant to last to see it's effect, but it rarely does.

Lonx have a large number of beaters which are either cheaper or have better mobility in relation to their cost. They did back then, and even more so now. I still ran Gnark over it.

Arguably a nice champ for frost amp, but that's about it.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah, I was just responding to how you said you felt it was always meh.

It's decent, I run one in lonx. As with most vindictive champs, they're very efficient when vindictive procs, and very disappointing when it doesn't.

7. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Pretty meh in the sense that it's another beater to the theme basically made of them x:

I find it pretty hard to justify given what has happened in the last string of patches. 68 nora Lonx Shredders (65 with camaraderie) which are healed via deploy and so on and end up causing more harm than this champ would whilst having a lesser investment. It's rather sad that I've come to see things mostly based on efficiency but that's how the game has made it.

8. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

This is how I feel about him as well. I'm still running one in my deck, but I can see myself taking him out soon enough and replacing him with something cheaper.