Stutter bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Vote Kanye 2020, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Pox still stutters, so yeah.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It happens to me as well.
    Music is turned off so that's not the issue.

3. only

only Active Member

stuters is spikes (lag)?

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

yes, gedden thought that music caused it and he's done a patch and everything yet the lag spikes are still here :(

5. only

only Active Member

music doesn't spike anymore though!

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I turn music on then off and it stops.

Need to repeat it every game though T.T

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

That does not work me unfortunately. I have to close the client and relog

HardyGames32 likes this.
  8. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

ya, can confirm i'm still getting this, if I unmute, then mute then mute again it seems to stop, a client restart also works...

9. crisian

crisian Member

mine starts to stutter on the third game i play without exiting and restarting pox.

10. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Hah, as I told you in game, there was a stutter that was being caused by music. If you are still having a problem (and it seems several of you are) then it just indicates there is another bug causing a stutter.

That is super useful, thanks. If any of you have any information that would be great.

11. MentalMoles

I don't think the stutter starts after each 3rd game, it happens randomly for me, but if I unmute the music and effects, press resume then go back in and mute the music and effects, the stutter disapears.

12. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

If I rapidly play single player , surrendering after two turns (hopping mad, for leveling...) it always starts after a few games. It can be the third, it can take longer, but it always get progressively worse until it gets so slow that I need to restart. It definitely looks like some kind of leak to me, rather than an issue which is instantly triggered.

13. MentalMoles

14. MentalMoles

In addition, I just noticed that whilst observing a game with stutter my PoxNora is using well over 530k of memory, when observing a game with no stutter PoxNora is using just under 490k of memory

15. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

I got stuttering after logging in rune manager in game. If you do that, even your first game starts to stutter.