To FW players: Faction Bonus Change?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Dec 19, 2015.

?

Do you want the FW faction bonus to change?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As per the title. To keep this as accurate as possible to FW players, please only vote if you consider yourself a "FW player."

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

while it would be nice to have something that interacts better with our more expensive and important units, i would hate to lose our cooldown reduction bonus.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

The cooldown bonus really only effects very cheap champions under 45 nora. The problem with this is that unless those champions are extremely efficient that's not a very good bonus.

For example I'd say the MAIN champions that cary the bonus are broken bones, bile zombie, death guard.
    The other ones I'd consider mid champs which can get the same effect by just running x2.

In either case this usually leads to forcing the FW player to spam the above to get some use out of the bonus in a meaningful way. Otherwise things like witches or worms are left with nothing since they don't have efficiently core cheap units to benefit from this.

A hit to broken bones, bile, death guard and you're left with crap. Tomb already impacted the nora portion which is the linchpin to making cooldown reduction actually work. It's extremely rare to run out of champions so the ONLY benefit of cooldown is being able to spam certain champs for their spell like effects.

Netherzen likes this.
  4. themacca

You forgot Revenant and Skeletal Berserker.

5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

do people actually run revenant? Even at 33 nora he seems extremely lackluster.
    I've seen skeletal berserker being run on occasion and he seems pretty good run at 27 nora.

The berserker has about 21 ap to deal with before dieing assuming cheapest upgrades. Revenant possibly could get 22 assuming enemy has 7 units in play otherwise way worse.

I mean you could point to Carrionling to be technical but I doubt people would run it at that cost. Efficiency being the main necessity for low cost champs.

Ah, and Haunting spirit!

6. themacca

Haunting spirit never dies though!

yobanchi likes this.
  7. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Nah man. I'll never be down with changing the bonus without keeping the CD reduction in some way. And since boon is out the window now, there's only the way of the bonus to maintain that CD reduction.

Now, I've talked Bane Shift about our bonus and even wanted it changed in the past, but only if keeping CD reduction in some sort of way.

These days, with all the Bane Shift changing more as time moves, the last thing I want is to lose our bonus.

And it doesn't matter what anyone proposes to change it to- I wouldn't advocate it. You could offer 50% nora refund on friendly champ deaths, and I'd still ask "what about CD reduction"

8. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

I don't want a change for a few reasons.

A. Lots of time and effort from greens and I would rather them spend they're finite reasorces on the multitude of other things also cause Kf gonna happen prolly at same time.

B. I enjoy attrition

C. Rune reveal which is the most popular idea sounds bogus to me. Gimme something awesome like +6 nora or +4 dmg ect.....

D. Fw is a poorly repped faction and a pretty hated one by the community and I can see us getting screwed

E. Would require them to revamp fw as a whole requiring more of D and A.

Anyhoooo gang my 2 cents

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

These all sound like solid enough reasons. I think FW has some representation within the council and could probably come out ok from private talks, but considering the scale of the changes, Sok would probably insist on making it at least open for public viewing prior to implementation, if not open for public discussion and change.

Other champs that make substantive use of the bonus: Skeletal Excavator, Xulos, and Essence Devourer. That last guy in particular needs CDR to function the way he does.

10. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I didn't vote because I no longer consider myself a primary FW player, but for years that's what I was and it is still my second fav faction. I do think the bonus needs changed. Fluff-wise sure it works but in practice the current bonus does not do most FW themes any good. Take witches. Terrible bonus for them as you don't want your champs dying at all and those that do may not be worth playing a second time based on the state of the game.

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions that would be good replacements. I definitely like the bonus as an attrition feel, but idk

11. vitor

vitor The King of Potatoes

I am not experienced at poxnora or at balance, but couldnt the bonus have an addition instead of changing it completely? As many suggested, aside from keeping the cooldown reduction, have a nora at death bonus?

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Trouble is, SP already has that.

I wouldn't be against a small % increase when collecting globes.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you want, I can link older posts that explain why this is probably a way worse idea than people think.

fattyy2k likes this.
  14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'll take your word for it:rolleyes:

15. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

It's just better - and easy - to balance the bonus to work with more champs than reworking it from the 0.

1-24: 1
    25-39: 2
    40-49: 3
    50-64: 4
    65-74: 5
    75-89: 6
    90-99: 7
    100-114: 8
    115-124: 9
    125-134: 10

1-24: 2
    25-39: 3
    40-49: 4
    50-64: 4
    65-74: 4
    75-89: 5
    90-99: 5
    100-114: 6
    115-124: 6
    125-134: 7

if greens want to change the bonus, even with fw playerbase don't wanting it, we'll need a way to reduce the cds from our champs, no mather how - my proposal, could be a new ability to our avatar/shrine/relic/whatever you guys want

sacrifice a champion - your champions cooldown are reduced acording to the nora your champ was worth, split among all champs that are already cooling down

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What would be the formula to describe this set of changes? How would it work out for splits?

17. Djangoguy

Actually I did not use any formula, just balanced it a little, in splits, it could be balanced something like this

1-24: 4
    25-39: 5
    40-49: 6
    50-64: 6
    65-74: 6
    75-89: 8
    90-99: 8
    100-114: 9
    115-124: 10
    125-134: 11~12

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If it does not have a clean description which can be divided for split faction bonuses, then it needs more work.

19. Djangoguy

working on it

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

No, Hell No