What FF ST BG do you use?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Xzablaz, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2015-11-20_5-35-23.png

This is my Frost BG. I'm testing out Frostvine, so far liking it.

Tried out Ice Dragon Statue but when you compare it to Thunderhead Totem it's not worth the cost.

Xzablaz likes this.
  2. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

what upgrades you take for Tundra Whisper? and why you dont put ancient implications or howling wind?
    thanks for respond :D

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Attack Magical + Tempo

I've never ran Ancient Implications because I don't have room for it.
    I was running Howling Wind, but since it's useless against IS and ST I decided to drop it.

Goyo likes this.
  4. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

Icesnap is no longer 2x. Do you have an update on the "It's XMAS" bg ?

Thanks

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2015-12-4_9-54-48.png

I love that Icesnap became x1. He was a great unit but he had such a big target over his head that sometimes I didn't even get the full use out of him.

Playing around with Frostfall Heritage, so far i'm liking it. I still do not know if it's worth not running Blizzard Cloak though.

6. travis

travis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Could someone link a ST flyers bg?

7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have mostly seen IS/ST split flyers as IS spell Wings of Glory is pretty nice. ST has Calming Tailwinds. IS Griffin Rider also has Tailwind, which is another mechanic for a split, which ST Strig Windstrider has it too. So, FF ST flyers include Strig, Jakei Owls/Beasts and Dragons/Elementals/Beasts. IS Griffons are Beasts as well. Strigs are not beasts, but the Jakei owls are beasts. Therefore, you could run a Beast mechanic in flyers and include Strig Windstrider for Tailwind. ST has several champs with Boon of the Wind.

With that being said, I created the following ST FF Flyers battlegroup, which takes advantage of Tailwind, Boon of the Wind and Beast mechanics.

[​IMG]

This battlegroup includes 7 Beast flyers with 2 Lonx Beast Tamers to provide Boost Beast (does not stack), Invigorate and Drive.
    Borderguard Elite has Honor Guard default, which gives a bonus when Juya is on the board. It also has Hold the Line, Power Attack and has decent damage.
    Wingmaster Cleric gives us Commander: Flying, heals and range attack.
    Strig Windrider gives us Tailwind.
    Strig Warlock gives us Boon of the Wind, along with other champs, and Swarm: Arctic Beast will help with the Beast Tamers and free meat.
    Jakei Wingmaster gives us Detection and Battlemaster.

Thoughts?

8. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

The magebane seems realy odd it never seems worth its cost. The borderguards may be better off with equalize instead of honorguard I like the buffs but getting them for low 60's is crazy good to. The bg seems short on alt damage, you got magic but not much else. Snare fairy can be fairly cheap and brings some frost at range, or you can grab one of the dragons for alt damage and a bit of melee ( this would weaken the beast synergy though ).I really like soften and the AoI so I generally try to find a spot for one. One champ I like for flying is the doombringer and it is a beast which is something your trying to leverage as well. Speaking of flying beasts snow lerper brings shatter for a fairly low cost and renovator is a flying beast with decent range. One other champ is the legwhip, dragging attack can be very useful and multi attack helps make the most out of the damage boosts. It isn't a beast or have boon but it may be worth a look.

I am a bit of a purist so I don't run anything that doesn't fly in my bgs so my advice might be a little off but hope it helps.

9. Xzablaz

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.jpg
    its my attemp at flying bg, i like the unstable tiger's eye, with 3 nora gem champs (2x crystal dragon and 1x phoenix) it can restrict movement for enemy ground forces, else is pretty much same as everyone else, i have borderguard but dunno i dont deploy them often so i take em out.

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Why not that jakei thing that gives everything supremacy?

11. Xzablaz

you mean Jakei Hunter, skill Updraft? maybe ill swap 1x Jakei Owlrider and 1x Pox Renovator for him 2x, i just dont have enough token to leveling him up :p
    still, its a superb addition to flying deck tho, ill add him whern i got them to level 2